Six Studs, Five Spots WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Six Studs, Five Spots WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Six Studs, Five Spots WHIR

Postby K0wned » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:48 pm

PPR, Need 2 WRs 2 RBs and a Flex, so bench one.

LeSean McCoy vs ARI
Chris Johnson @ CAR
DeMarco Murray vs BUF
Vincent Jackson vs OAK
Steve Smith vs TEN
Mike Wallace @ CIN

I'm fairly confident I want to start CJ2k this week, so if your #1 choice is him please provide an alternative. I'm actually leaning towards benching Wallace due to matchup, and increasing role of Brown. Leave your insight, Thanks. If you post a link I'll help.

EDIT: Also if Andre starts this week would you even consider playing him and benching a second one of those guys?
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Six Studs, Five Spots WHIR

Postby mzkp54 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:44 pm

I'd bench Murray. They said Jones is probably coming back this week so who knows how the carries will play out. Other choices are safer.

Lend a hand?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=507644
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Postby K0wned » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:12 pm

Bump!
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mtculp » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:28 pm

Flip a coin between Wallace and Smith.

Help with mine:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=507652
mtculp
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 10)

Postby nbay23 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:21 pm

This isn't even close. Bench CJ2k. Your title is wrong. you have 5 studs, 5 spots. CJ2K has done nothing to warrant him a "stud". He's at best a low RB2, or high RB3. Who cares what he has done in the past, he's not getting it done now. Look at his numbers, they don't lie. Even Ringer is doing better than he is. Until CJ shows something, leave him on the bench where he belongs. Just because he's a first round draft pick, doesn't mean you should play him. That's like saying don't play Cam Newton because he's a 17th round pick. Don't try to over think this, play your REAL studs!
nbay23 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby K0wned » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:30 pm

nbay23 wrote:This isn't even close. Bench CJ2k. Your title is wrong. you have 5 studs, 5 spots. CJ2K has done nothing to warrant him a "stud". He's at best a low RB2, or high RB3. Who cares what he has done in the past, he's not getting it done now. Look at his numbers, they don't lie. Even Ringer is doing better than he is. Until CJ shows something, leave him on the bench where he belongs. Just because he's a first round draft pick, doesn't mean you should play him. That's like saying don't play Cam Newton because he's a 17th round pick. Don't try to over think this, play your REAL studs!

I completely understand where you are coming from, I have been keeping CJ on the bench, but I like him a lot this week. CJ has been terrible, but he actually looked fantastic last week. He had over 6 yards per touch against a very good CIN defence. He is playing CAR(Most FP to RBs) and I believe they will lean on him and he will have his breakout game. Is it risky to play him yes, but I feel strongly that he will have a nice game. It isn't like I want to play him because he was an early draft pick; I want to play him because he looked like CJ2k last week and will get more touches this week against a much worse run defence. Assuming I decide to play CJ2k, which is what I was asking.. Who do you think I should bench?
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby nbay23 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:48 pm

K0wned wrote:
nbay23 wrote:This isn't even close. Bench CJ2k. Your title is wrong. you have 5 studs, 5 spots. CJ2K has done nothing to warrant him a "stud". He's at best a low RB2, or high RB3. Who cares what he has done in the past, he's not getting it done now. Look at his numbers, they don't lie. Even Ringer is doing better than he is. Until CJ shows something, leave him on the bench where he belongs. Just because he's a first round draft pick, doesn't mean you should play him. That's like saying don't play Cam Newton because he's a 17th round pick. Don't try to over think this, play your REAL studs!

I completely understand where you are coming from, I have been keeping CJ on the bench, but I like him a lot this week. CJ has been terrible, but he actually looked fantastic last week. He had over 6 yards per touch against a very good CIN defence. He is playing CAR(Most FP to RBs) and I believe they will lean on him and he will have his breakout game. Is it risky to play him yes, but I feel strongly that he will have a nice game. It isn't like I want to play him because he was an early draft pick; I want to play him because he looked like CJ2k last week and will get more touches this week against a much worse run defence. Assuming I decide to play CJ2k, which is what I was asking.. Who do you think I should bench?

Well, I guess I would pick Wallace. He's facing the toughest D. Having said that, I still say it's a mistake. Sure, CJ2k may finally have a breakout game, and make me eat my words. I guess I just like players who actually produce, and not just all hype, even if the matchup is favorable. But I do wish you luck, and hope he breaks out. Maybe this is the week he does it. Just keep in mind, as of right now, you only have 5 studs. Don't put CJ2K in that category. When he starts producing, only then we can talk about changing his "stud" status. Good luck! :-)
nbay23 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tsbk00069 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:18 am

I go CJ2K but if your dead set on playing him the Wallace.
tsbk00069
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby abby1 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:03 am

Bench Chris Johnson
abby1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Solak » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:09 am

I think you have to look seriously at the situation in Dallas. If Felix is ready to play this week, how will the play out? Will they use him sparingly or will it hurt Murry? I'm facing the same question as I own both of them plus Jahvid Best (who knows what will happen with him this week?) And McCoy is my RB1.

The only advice I have is wait until Saturday to see what shapes up in Dallas. Hopefully there will be some clarity by then.
Solak
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench