Six Studs, Five Spots WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Six Studs, Five Spots WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Six Studs, Five Spots WHIR

Postby munstermann » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:17 pm

This is going to sound ridiculous but I feel like Vincent Jackson is too hit or miss. I have definitely been underwhelmed by his performance previous to last week. Hate to go against the grain but he is who i would bench out of that set. Thanks for your help on mine
munstermann
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 96)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby gmcman22 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:39 pm

Well I can't believe you are dead set on CJ, but if you must, then I'd say its down to Smith, Murray.

viewtopic.php?t=507731
gmcman22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby K0wned » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:28 pm

munstermann wrote:This is going to sound ridiculous but I feel like Vincent Jackson is too hit or miss. I have definitely been underwhelmed by his performance previous to last week. Hate to go against the grain but he is who i would bench out of that set. Thanks for your help on mine

I completly disagree with you on VJax. You can argue that he is "hit or miss", but it is easy to tell when he will "hit" and when he will "miss". The games he didn't do well in were games against shutdown corners, or injury. Week 2 was his first huge week. Week 3 he was up against Flowers(underrated, one of best corners in the league). Week 4 played fantastic, got 22 points in the first quarter and then got injured. Week 5 hamstring was still really bad, didn't practice all week, and barely was used in offence. Week 6 BYE. Week 7 up against Revis and still banged up. Week 8 up against Flowers again. Week 9 beast, looked healthy. Week 10 is another good matchup and he is healthy. I don't know how you could even consider benching him.
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby K0wned » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:32 pm

Solak wrote:I think you have to look seriously at the situation in Dallas. If Felix is ready to play this week, how will the play out? Will they use him sparingly or will it hurt Murry? I'm facing the same question as I own both of them plus Jahvid Best (who knows what will happen with him this week?) And McCoy is my RB1.

The only advice I have is wait until Saturday to see what shapes up in Dallas. Hopefully there will be some clarity by then.

I agree with this, if Felix is ruled out then I will play Murray for sure, but I don't know how the carries will shape out. If Felix is active for the game I'll bench Murray, if not I am leaning towards Wallace. Wish me luck :).
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby robotninja » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:42 pm

Sit CJ0k. He has been a shell of himself and shouldnt be in starting lineups until he has at least 1 good game. I doesnt sound like Felix will be back in Dallas for at least 1 more week so I wouldnt worry about it yet. Even then I think he has done enough he will earn at least the big half of a 70/30 split. Wait one more week on Andre if he plays and finishes the game you can put him in and forget about it but hamstrings do all kinds of crazy stuff as we have seen this season.

Help on mine?

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=507748
10 Team Std Scoring No PPR
QB Stafford
RB Spiller
RB Morris
WR Nelson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR/TE Jimmy Graham
Flex Ridley
K and Def by committee
Min and Hartley

Bench
A Brown (pit)
Bernard Pierce
Roy Helu
Bryce Brown
Mark Ingram
Marlon Brown
robotninja
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 29)

Postby Mercury0021 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Is this the same feeling everyone had for CJ0K before he stunk it up against the colts and their 30th ranked run defense? Also Carolina has the 26th ranked run defense and 18th overall, much better then indy's defense, so he'll prob do even less.

and to say he had a fantastic game against cincy is a joke. He had most of his yards in the first half then disappeared after halftime when he received more touches then in the first half. He averaged less then 2 yards per touch in the 2nd half.

Even with murray splitting time with jones, i'd trust murray to get more points then chris johnson.
Mercury0021
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 78)

Postby patsfaninthedesert » Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Bench Murray. Wallace is match-up proof.
patsfaninthedesert
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 10)

Postby DVeit » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:00 pm

Murray/Wallace. I see a new starter coming in Dallas...

Help?
viewtopic.php?t=507784
DVeit
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Who to Start/Bench