Brady or Tebow?... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Brady or Tebow?...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brady or Tebow?...

Postby Min Oh » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:13 am

Am I nuts to even consider Tebow over Brady?? Brady's performance against the Giants scared me last week.. and they are facing the Jets def this week... What should I do??
Min Oh
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Brady or Tebow?...

Postby nbay23 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:17 am

Min Oh wrote:Am I nuts to even consider Tebow over Brady?? Brady's performance against the Giants scared me last week.. and they are facing the Jets def this week... What should I do??

Gotta still go with Brady. He is still a top 5 QB against any defense.
nbay23 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tsbk00069 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 am

The only way I go Tebow over Brady is if Brady has 2 broken legs
tsbk00069
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby nbay23 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:24 am

tsbk00069 wrote:The only way I go Tebow over Brady is if Brady has 2 broken legs

LOL. Yep, or when Brady is on bye.
nbay23 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Min Oh » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:30 am

Does the fact that I have Jets Def change the outcome? or.. should I pick up a different Def??
Min Oh
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby abby1 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:54 am

No brainer: Brady of course!!
abby1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby intrigued » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:28 am

I don' t think you are nuts at all. I am in the same place with these two QBs. Had I used Tebow last week, I'd have been 8-1 instead of 7-2 (also should have trusted in What'chu Talking Bout Willis even with a surgically repaired hand).

Brady has been off his game lately with inaccurate passes, he does not look comfortable for long periods of time. The GIants had him rattled until the very end of the game and the Jets are a better D.

Tebow is always interesting, he is becoming more like a RB good for 60+yds and a TD that can also throw for 125+ yards provided he throws 30 times. The KC defense isn't all that great (save that insane game against OAK, which I don't think is indicative of their week-to-week play).

I haven't decided 100% to go with Brady, I need a win this week and can't have the same Brady that played the past three-four weeks show up. I need the Brady from the beginning of the season.
Lineup (starters in Bold)
QB - RG3, Romo
RB - McCoy, MJD,AP, MJD
WR - Nelson, Austin, T.Smith, Wallace
TE - Graham, Bennett
DST - Lions
K - Tucker
intrigued
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Min Oh » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:53 am

Exactly.. I am 4-5 right now facing a 8-1 opponent... I really need a win to stay competitive for the playoff spot. Brady was pointless for the first half of the game and threw two ints. I also have Jets D. Should I still start Brady still with my Jets D starting?
Min Oh
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby BoyNamedSue » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:01 pm

I've been racking my brain since Monday over the Brady or Tebow start issue...I HAVE to win this week to do my part to make the last playoff spot...other guy has to lose.

Brady (recent Brady) vs Jets pass D isn't as attractive as Tebow (Bible in hand) vs KC

Upset about criticism and recent play or not, Brady isn't the same guy he was weeks 1-3. I am 60/40 in favor of Tebow...WOW.

*Dear Cafe Mods...please don't knock me back down to 'Cheerleader' status for this post*
10 Team PPR

Twitter: @JohnEJung
Ron & Fez: 11am - 3pm XM105
Davey Mac Sports Program on iTunes (XM 105 Saturdays 7pm-9pm) and RiotCast.com (Wed. at 7pm)
BoyNamedSue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 54)

Postby KK_Cowboy » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:06 pm

Well here's the thing. If Billy boy was smart, he would do exactly what he did last time to beat the Jets. A big dose of BGE (for my sake I hope he does). You're not nuts for thinking about going Tebow over Brady. Given what Matt Moore did last week to the Chiefs, I wouldn't fault you for going Tebow at all. In fact if I were in the same spot, I would likely do it.
KK_Cowboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench