Need help with WR -- WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Need help with WR -- WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need help with WR -- WHIR

Postby Solak » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:03 am

I am 7-2 and comming up against the #1 team the week. He can easily score 150 in a weekend so I need to be sure to have my optimum lineup in. (PPR League) Here is what I have currently:

QB - Matthew Stafford vs Chicago
WR - Marques Colston vs Atlanta
WR - Stevie Johnson vs Dallas
RB - DeMarco Murry vs Buffalo
RB - LeSean McCoy vs Arizona
W/T - Antonio Gates vs Oakland
W/R/T - Wes Welker vs New York Jets.
K - Jason Hanson vs Chicago
DEF - Miami vs Washington

BENCH:
Larry Fitzgerald vs Philidelphia
Jahvid Best vs Chicago
Felix Jones vs Buffalo
Roy Helu vs Miami

MY QUESTIONS:

1. Does Larry Fitz belong on the bench given his starting QB is out, the stand-in isn't doing so well, and they are playing a good pass D? If he goes in, then where? Keep in mind he is under performing all year due to heavy double teaming.

2. I must put a receiver in the flex position that I can pull if Jahvid Best plays. Right now that is Wes Welker given he only scored 14 last time he played NYJ and Jahvid scored 28 last time against Chicago. (also he is my only receiver playing later then the Detroit start time). Would you go with Jahvid if he plays or stick with Wes Welker anyway? Or put Colston or Johnson down in that flex position so they could be pulled, even though they play earlier then Jahvid plays?

I'm going to wait until later in the week to even think about what happens if Felix plays for Dallas.

I am alone in the number two spot with a 7-2 record. If I lose I still have second place due to being the highest scoring team in the league this year (175 points more then the next contender) but I will have the same record with as many as 2 other teams. I think my position calls for some risk taking to optimize my lineup for the best chance of the most points, even if there is some more downside. I would have to loose at least three of my next 6 games to get knocked out of the playoffs. This will be my best chance to recapture the #1 seed in the playoffs.

Thanks for any help.

MB
Solak
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need help with WR -- WHIR

Postby m0nk3y » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:41 am

I like your lineup as is. Fitz has no QB and hasn't been great this season, even though I like him (just not above your current options). Welker torches the Jets and is a great play. Don't change a thing.

How about me? viewtopic.php?t=507704
m0nk3y
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Need help with WR -- WHIR

Postby prince_45243 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:51 am

Hmmm... Stevie@DAL vs. Fitz . PHI. That's a tough one! I think I'd probably go with Stevie was well. But he hasn't had a 10 point game since week 3 now and a bunch of midling games. I'm not sure he's going to go supernova on you. Anything on the WW?
-Prince_45243
prince_45243
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Return to Who to Start/Bench