Flex help - WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Flex help - WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Flex help - WHIR 100%

Postby Pl3onner » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:10 pm

16FAC wrote:I think you have it right. At flex I would go with Jones in what is gonna be a Dome shootout and he has certainly proved more reliable than White for Ryan. After Dez's fumble, I'm thinking Romo might reduces his looks just a tad but thats just me. Of course with Austin hurt, Bryant is really the only threat but I like Jones better this week.

please help me
viewtopic.php?t=507862

I think you put the wrong link, just FYI
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DVeit » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:01 pm

Seems everyone's telling me Jordy and you Jones. lol I think I'm going to have to stick with my gut this week and say Julio...
DVeit
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Pl3onner » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:13 pm

DVeit wrote:Seems everyone's telling me Jordy and you Jones. lol I think I'm going to have to stick with my gut this week and say Julio...

A different forum is telling me jordy, I think I'm gonna go with him. Just such a good matchup and he's having a great year not just a great week. Maybe julio next week, still torn between him dez and green at flex but greens matchup is just miserable.
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby omikron » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:01 am

Gronkowski, AJ Green, Dez Bryant (Should see A LOT of targets this week)
omikron
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby pommona22 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:08 am

Thanks for help with mine, with such good other choices id stay clear of AJ remember WR1 have done horrible vs the Steelers this year and i expect that trend to continue, i like dez this week especially with Austin out
pommona22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby sdogg04 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:16 am

hey dude sorry for the late response
-WR: I would def start Dez Bryant even though Laurent Robinson has been getting catches, I'm sure that he'll have a big game. My philosophy is that when the No 1 WR is out, unless you have a really crappy QB or a solid defense (in which case it might even be unwise to start the No 1 WR)the No 2 WR is a good start for the interim. Buffalo defense played lights out against the Redskins but it was the Redskins and I don't think that they have the ability to stop the Cowboys esp with Demarco Murray who can open up passing lanes with his running game.

-WR/RB-Pittsburgh Defense is pretty nasty and even though it's Andy Dalton at QB I wouldn't recommend starting AJ Green against their defense. It's a toss up between Jordy Nelson and Julio Jones. Rodgers spreads the ball around a lot but they are going against a Vikings defense so he has an opportunity to make big plays. Julio Jones has an edge but he recently got a hamstring injury during practice so monitor his situation. If he's listed as questionable come Saturday go for Nelson.

-TE: Start Gonzalez as well, while the saints have a high powered offense, most of their games have been shoot outs.

Good luck and thanks for your response to my question.
QB Cam Newton
WR Demaryius Thomas
WR Justin Blackmon
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB Ahmad Bradshaw
TE Tony Gonzalez
W/R/T Owen Daniels
K Lawrence Tynes
DEF Bears
Bench
Mike Williams
Torrey Smith
Vick Ballard
Andy Dalton
sdogg04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Pl3onner » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:10 pm

sdogg04 wrote:hey dude sorry for the late response
-WR: I would def start Dez Bryant even though Laurent Robinson has been getting catches, I'm sure that he'll have a big game. My philosophy is that when the No 1 WR is out, unless you have a really crappy QB or a solid defense (in which case it might even be unwise to start the No 1 WR)the No 2 WR is a good start for the interim. Buffalo defense played lights out against the Redskins but it was the Redskins and I don't think that they have the ability to stop the Cowboys esp with Demarco Murray who can open up passing lanes with his running game.

-WR/RB-Pittsburgh Defense is pretty nasty and even though it's Andy Dalton at QB I wouldn't recommend starting AJ Green against their defense. It's a toss up between Jordy Nelson and Julio Jones. Rodgers spreads the ball around a lot but they are going against a Vikings defense so he has an opportunity to make big plays. Julio Jones has an edge but he recently got a hamstring injury during practice so monitor his situation. If he's listed as questionable come Saturday go for Nelson.

-TE: Start Gonzalez as well, while the saints have a high powered offense, most of their games have been shoot outs.

Good luck and thanks for your response to my question.

Wow thanks man, great advice. I think I'm going to go with Dez and Jordy. I was thinking Julio Jones but he hasn't proved himself the way the other two have and a limited practice for an undisclosed reason confirmed it but I'll still keep an eye on him. My dad (who I'm playing against) started Michael Bush for 30 points (in his flex, still has MJD and McGahee) last night so I really need to go balls to the walls to try and win this. A little nervous starting Jordy and Jennings but I looked and they're have been a few weeks where they both had td catches. Thank god GB running game is a joke.

Not sure If i can go for Gonzalez. As a Pats fan I can't watch the game knowing everytime Gronk makes a catch that I should've started him haha. Fandom getting in the way I suppose but he's another risky play that I need to take. When Gronk has a good game he can get the 20 points i'll need him to.

Thanks again
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Who to Start/Bench