Trying to set up a dynasty league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trying to set up a dynasty league

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trying to set up a dynasty league

Postby Cake » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:25 pm

Interested in setting up a dynasty league and am curious as to the best way to go about it. If anyone knows the best way to go about it. Things that would make their league better, pros cons of the way their system is set up. The info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Cake
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Azrael » Thu Dec 04, 2003 11:12 pm

what is a dynasty league?
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:06 am

Azrael wrote:what is a dynasty league?

It's a league where you keep all of your players. The only draft that takes place before the season starts is for rookies and FAs. I just took over a team in a dynasty league this season for the first time. The team was horrible and it's taken me all season to rebuild it but I've had a great time.

Cake wrote:Interested in setting up a dynasty league and am curious as to the best way to go about it. If anyone knows the best way to go about it. Things that would make their league better, pros cons of the way their system is set up. The info would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if I have much info that would be helpful. Running a dynasty league is pretty much the same as running a keeper league from what I can tell. We have the same rules in dynasty as we do in keeper (same commish). The main thing would be to get loyal, competitive owners and require a deposit for the next season upfront to discourage abandoning teams.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Trying to set up a dynasty league

Postby Go Vikes » Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:37 am

Cake wrote:Interested in setting up a dynasty league and am curious as to the best way to go about it. If anyone knows the best way to go about it. Things that would make their league better, pros cons of the way their system is set up. The info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

If you'd like to do it online, you could maybe go to Yahoo and type in everyone's rosters from year to year. I'm not sure of any free sites if that's the one you'd like that have dynasty leagues.
Last edited by Go Vikes on Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Go Vikes » Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:41 am

I think there is some way to do a Yahoo group or something and have a keeper league on that. Maybe you could also do a dynasty or maybe there is a way to set it so we keep all your players
Go Vikes
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk