Flex Player????????????? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Flex Player????????????? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Flex Player????????????? WHIR

Postby CarlZabel » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:50 am

I am debating who I should start at RB, TE, and my flex player. My RBs are Gore, Johnson, Murray, and Jacobs. I have Bradshaw on IR and will have to activate him and drop Jacobs if Bradshaw is not listed as out on Friday. My TEs are Gates and Graham. I need to start 2 Rbs and 1 TE and then I need 1 flex player.

Here is how our flex player works: our flex player becomes our starter if they out score the current starter. For example if I start Gates and flex Graham, I get the points from whichever player scores more.

So, do I flex my TE or take my chance that Gore is healthy enough to play on Sunday and flex a RB? I don't want to use either of the NYG backs against SF. Or do I flex one of my TEs, since Graham has been a stud and Gates has been solid the last 2 weeks and usually has big games against OAK. My flex player needs to be posted by game time tonight.

Thank you for any input. I WHIR if you leave me a link.
CarlZabel
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Flex Player????????????? WHIR

Postby LombardiParty » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:59 am

Flex the TE. Graham is going against the Falcs (who have allowed few points for TE's) while Gates is playing an easier secondary BUT Gates has been looking for a big game since his injury and really either could have a monster game.
LombardiParty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 19)

Postby CarlZabel » Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Thanks for the response. That is the way I am leaning. Which 2 RBs would you start then? Thanks again.
CarlZabel
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby intrigued » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:17 pm

I agree with the other poster. Flex your TE (either of those guys can have monster games and both are favorite targets of their respective QBs)

For RBs, I'm worried about Gore's ankle even though he is normally a must start. Johnson is up against the worst run defense in the league but hasn't managed to do much this season. Murray is a madman and Jacobs is going up against a brutal D. If Gore is REALLY looking healthy, then Gore and Murray, else Johnson and Murray.

Additional info...If you end up activating Bradshaw or thinking about Jacobs, remember that the 49ers D has NOT given up a rushing touchdown ALL SEASON, they have only allowed 1 run more than 20 yards (24 actually) so I would avoid them.
Lineup (starters in Bold)
QB - RG3, Romo
RB - McCoy, MJD,AP, MJD
WR - Nelson, Austin, T.Smith, Wallace
TE - Graham, Bennett
DST - Lions
K - Tucker
intrigued
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Pl3onner » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:56 pm

Considering how your flex works I wouldn't start a TE, I'd start Gates tonight. I'd go Gore and Murray at RB - both great starts every week and I'm not worried about Gore's injury. Then I'd put Johnson on flex, he could have a great week, he's been due all year and if he does he can replace a mediocre score if Gore gets reinjured or Murray struggles against a tough Buffalo run defense.

Help me? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=507920
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Who to Start/Bench