Jordy Neslon OR Jeremy Maclin WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Jordy Neslon OR Jeremy Maclin WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jordy Neslon OR Jeremy Maclin WHIR!

Postby The Chauncellor » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:42 am

Jordy Neslon OR Jeremy Maclin

Jordy has been, by far, way more consistant through out the season. He has an easy matchup with Minn., however he didnt put up anything special in their last meeting in Minn. with about 50 yards. He is averaging me over 10 points a game this year

Maclin has been less consistant, averaging about 9 points per game. However, that is inflated because he put up about 30 in a single game. However, he is playing the arizona defense at home and he has become vicks favorite target.

Numbers wise, Jordy is the better bet. However, part of my feels like Maclin is going to have a big week

WHIR obviously...
Thanks,
MV
The Chauncellor
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jordy Neslon OR Jeremy Maclin WHIR!

Postby soon179 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:54 am

Nelson is the riskier play regardless of the match up.James Jones could easily out preform him any given week. I think you should go with Maclin vs Ariz .Good match up plus all those targets targets targets from Vick.

Hlep if able viewtopic.php?f=19&t=508029&p=3397004#p3397004
soon179
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby wintermath » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:52 pm

I would go with nelson, the packers might run the ball 5 times all game (if they are smart) so I think Jordy is a good play!
wintermath
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby ken12580 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:58 pm

This is tough. Maclin does play Arizona, and Vick will throw plenty. The WR roulette is unpredictable except for Jennings. Go with Maclin and cross ur fingers!
ken12580
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby mpt3489 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:24 pm

I would go with Maclin. He's in line for a huge game against ARI and Jordy has been boom or bust and he has been getting luckyy with some long grabs over the season.

thanks for the help with mine.
mpt3489
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby TitsMcGahee » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Both seem like good plays. I have to say Maclin on this by a small amount. This is because he is facing Arizona pass D (given up 6th most fantasy points to WR in last 5 weeks). Second off Maclin is the number 1 option for WR in that offense. Its almost clear now that Djax is a stretch the field guy and Maclin is getting more targets. In Green Bays offense, Jordy is about the 3.0/4.0 option. He is behind Jennings, Finley, and sometimes James Jones. Now this is semi irrelevant to me because Jordy usually has a large play or two, and Rodgers is also so good that he feeds everyone. I mean Minnesotas secondary is terrible, so it seems that this choice will be of a margin of like 5 fantasy points. Feeling Maclin for some reason.

viewtopic.php?t=508034
TitsMcGahee
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 28)

Postby jaypurp » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:43 pm

I also have both, and I'm for sure starting Maclin. Though Nelson has been more productive on most weeks, he is a wild card and can have an amazing day or get lost in the abundance of GB WR's.
jaypurp
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby dcmayer1979 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:24 pm

Thanks for help with mine. ;-D

I just answered a similar question with Jordy. I'm big on targets. I know it's not the be all end all, but it says a lot While he has made the most of his chances, he ranks among Jason Hill and Brandon Gibson in targets...WHO??? exactly. He's got 41 targets on the year. I'm sure that will change with his production and he's on a team that scores A LOT, much like New Orleans WR's over the past few years, but he also has the ability to get lost in the mix...

Meanwhile, Maclin leads his team in targets and is top 20 in the NFL in the category with 63. I think when faced with a coin flip type decision, go with the guy that gets more chances.

That said, go Maclin and good luck!
dcmayer1979
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby drhanl » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:51 pm

PHI a 12 pt. favorite against ARI for a reason! No pass rush. PHI wins big, and you gotta have Maclin playing in that matchup. No way I would sit him for Nelson.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=508055
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby FlipRansom » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:23 pm

I have Maclin and hes put up good numbers all year for me and I'm hoping for that one huge game and cross my fingers, let it be this week. I'm expecting big things from him vs. the Cards.
FlipRansom
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 12)

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench