Down by 30 - Do I still start Brady? WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Down by 30 - Do I still start Brady? WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Down by 30 - Do I still start Brady? WHIR 100%

Postby Pl3onner » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:34 pm

Let me just start by saying I've been a pats fan my whole life, so this is very hard for me but desperate times call for desperate measures. I'm against my dad so its a must win obviously, but keep in mind if I play someone besides brady my dad will never let me live it down if that player underperforms. He started m bush (my suggestion for wk 9) at flex for thirty points and has mjd and mcgahee left with good matchups.

8 team league, standard scoring non ppr. I'm starting to think about going to all or nothing mode. Brady most likely won't have too much production against the jets and I no longer need a "safe start". I can pick up the following qbs: ryan, sanchez, cassel and smith. Leaning towards ryan, manning didn't do spectacularly fantasywise against the pats last week and its a little much to start sanchez instead of brady in a week like this for me. Smith is good but not a great fantasy qb. I started cassel on bradys bye week and got a whopping three points. Ryans got julio back in what could be a dome shootout.

Not sure who to drop either. The only two options that seem viable are bjge and mendy, I'm way more stacked at wr and have been flexing one for weeks. Neither rb is great, id prefer to get rid of green ellis but with mendy and my starter sproles on bye next week he's all I got left. I don't mind going to the wire again next week, if one of them gets picked up I can certainly supplement. R bush, jacobs, tate, helu are all in there now.

Thanks for your help, any questions please ask and as always whir 100%
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Down by 30 - Do I still start Brady? WHIR 100%

Postby AnKol » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:54 pm

If those are your choices, the only other option is Ryan. But I don't think you can sit Brady for him...same way I have stupid Philip Rivers, but I can't sit him for Carson Palmer or Matt Cassell. It's just the way this works.
AnKol
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)

Postby drhanl » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:58 pm

you answered your own question when you said your dad would never let you live it down if you sit Brady and someone underperforms. You cannot sit brady. no way. Why would he not let you live it down, because it would be a mistake to sit a stud for a temporary play.

Play Brady.
drhanl
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 65)

Postby FlipRansom » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:53 pm

No question, you start Brady. The Jets D isn't this unflawed spectacle that people are making it out to be. Just because Brady isnt in the top 5 for I think the first time this year doesn't mean you should bench him.
FlipRansom
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 12)

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Echoing the folks above, I think you have to start Brady. Jets hype notwithstanding, he's still Tom Brady and it's still the NEP, who are a team that sure can find ways to win.

I'm down 43.6 in a league this weekend... I'm wishing I had a dilema like starting Tom Brady or not ;-)
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Sticky Fingers » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:39 pm

If I had Brady, he'd be playing no matter what.

mine
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=507861
Sticky Fingers
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 36)

Postby d1cedealr » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:58 pm

Yeah you have to start brady no matter what

mine viewtopic.php?t=508071
d1cedealr
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JMTrio » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:00 am

Start Brady, he's coming off two losses and two poor (for him) games. I think he's going to destroy the Jets.

Also, as a Saints fan, I watch Atlanta play often, and this week is going to be a dirty slugout of a game, and they are going to be running the ball a lot. Matt Ryan is a bad choice, especially playing the Saints. This will be a low scoring game, at least on ATL's side.
JMTrio
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench