12 team PPR, QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, W/R, K, DST

My team:

QB: Schaub, Tebow, Palmer
RB: McCoy, Rice, McGahee, Benson
WR: Bryant, Holmes, Wayne, D. Moore
TE: Gronkowski
K: Gould
D: JAC

I was offered Colston for McGahee. Ten days ago, I would have accepted, but now I'm not so sure. While I'm set at RB, McGahee has emerged as a fringe RB1, and to have the luxury to play him at flex great. However, Colston is a premier WR so I'm on the fence.

A counter I'm considering is Colston and Rivers for McGahee and Schaub but with Rivers continued struggles (and potential health concerns?) I'm not even sure that makes sense. Or I could try something like Colston/Stevie Johnson for McGahee and Wayne and then try to package 2 of Holmes/Colston/Stevie for a true top WR1.

Of course I could just stand pat and hope McGahee continues to pay dividends.

Thoughts? Leave a link and I'll return the favor.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trading McGahee

Postby biglechowski » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:44 am

Thanks for the input, here's my take on yours....

I'd keep McGahee, Tebow as a running threat (spread offense in NFL?) will continue to frustrate and confuse defenses and McGahee seems more than happy/talented to cash in on the confusion.

Also your WR situation is better than on it seems on paper. With Austin out 2-4 weeks at least, Dez will see more throws. And if you saw Thursdays game, Moore looked awesome, and Palmer is looking for who "his guys" will be. We'll see what happens with Jacoby Ford's foot, but with him hurt and DHB apparently tied up in some basement, Moore could be a viable WR2.

Last, if your a huge underdog in the next few weeks, you could pair Palmer with Moore or Tebow with McGahee based on the opposing DST strength.
biglechowski
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:32 pm

FA QBs and Rbs please?
I would do that deal BTW. If you can get a legit RB from FA for your 4th back. Scott available?
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:05 pm

QB: Schaub
RB: McCoy, Rice, Benson
WR: Colston, Bryant, Holmes, Wayne, D. Moore
TE: Gronkowski
K: Gould
D: JAC

Goodbye both your backup QBs and hello to:
Bradford and

Here are key FAs for him to choose from:
FA QB's - not much - McCoy, Kolb, T. Jackson, Bradford

FA RB's - Scott is available, Ringer, Moreno, Hunter, Addai

Don't you think Bernard Scott is a must add for him. Schaub/Bradford are solid at QB. For RB, Scott should be added and maybe Wayne or Moore for Ringer or Addai (who is starting again he's back)
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)

Postby Kirby » Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:07 pm

thanks for input on mine

I would probably make that deal, it helps your WRs more than it hurts your RBs, and to be honest, I dont see McGahee repeating last week, and denver sucks and will be playing a lot of catchup, and tebow will steal carries. And Colston is on a high scoring offense.

If you can add the QBs, great, but I would take the initial deal as well
Kirby
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 68)

Trading McGahee

Postby medium_robin » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:46 pm

I'd really consider moving benson and a WR for a guy like Colston. There has to be somebody that needs a flex RB like Benson. Benson's ceiling seems somewhat limited this season, so I think it would be easiest to part with him. Go get Antonio Brown or somebody just below top tier.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=508171
medium_robin
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby pokerplaya » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:59 am

medium_robin wrote:I'd really consider moving benson and a WR for a guy like Colston. There has to be somebody that needs a flex RB like Benson. Benson's ceiling seems somewhat limited this season, so I think it would be easiest to part with him. Go get Antonio Brown or somebody just below top tier.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=508171

In a perfect world, this is precisely what I'd do, but I've shopped him extensively with little to no interest.

I ended up making the deal of Rivers, Colston for Schaub, McGahee. I'm happy with it.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Cuffs » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:44 pm

I think that's a good deal. I haven't compared this year to previous years with Brees, but it seems like he is throwing to his best receivers (Colston and Graham) more than he did the past 2 years. I owned Colston last year, and he'd have amazing games, then clunkers, due to Brees' willingness to use all of the NO WRs. This year it seems like he's targeting Colston more, which makes him much more valuable.

Schaub for Rivers is a solid tradeout. Schaub's offense is going better, but with that running game clicking you never know when he's going to have a 120 yard passing game with the Texans content to run with Foster/Tate.

(Sorry for the delay in responding. I couldn't get to the computer for a few days.)
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions