TE: Pettigrew, Davis, Shiancoe - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

TE: Pettigrew, Davis, Shiancoe

Moderator: Football Moderators

TE: Pettigrew, Davis, Shiancoe

Postby dawson94 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:15 pm

Ppr league. Need to start two of these: Fred davis, brandon Pettigrew, and Visanthe Shiancoe. The answer would seem to be Pettigrew and Davis, but Shiancoe has done well against the Pack and is a good sleeper start this week.
dawson94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 33)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: TE: Pettigrew, Davis, Shiancoe

Postby jblaze102 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:13 am

Ya gotta start Fred Davis. I'm a little worried about Tony Scheffler stealing some of Pettigrew's targets. Bottom line is Detroit spreads it around ALOT. For PPR I would start Shiancoe over Pettigrew. Shiancoe is pretty much #2 target behind Percy Harvin.

Davis & Shiancoe
jblaze102
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 20)

Postby sinicalypse » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:37 am

did you know the bears D has given up the most fantasy points to TEs this year? pettigrew got a really easy TD in their first matchup, so despite his crap outings lately, i'd definitely go with pettigrew as one of them... the bears secondary is going to be hyperfocused on megatron and then also on burleson, so pettigrew will have a chance to put a lil juke on urlacher/briggs and get an easy TD... i'd look for that.

otherwise, i think fred davis is the better player but i think some of the magic pixie dust has worn off... he was downright mortal in getting only ~40 yards last week (and they came really late, as he went almost 3 quarters with 0 points... in 0.5 PPR it ended up being 6.20 points) and while it's tempting to say washington blows and the pack pass D is so bad you've gotta go wit hshiancoe, while i think fred davis is due to be cool for a few weeks, i'd stills ay go with him there cuz whoever's throwing the ball there is gonna need him... and even tho he went ~3 quarters without a point, he got ~40 yards in a quarter or so.... so he can get yards in bunches, and most of his solid ~10ppg production in a 0.5PPR league has come without TDs, so i think he's the safe play... if you wanna risk having a ~2-3 point game from your 2nd TE spot in the hopes of having a ~10-12 point game, go with shiancoe... but i'd say that fred davis has a higher floor than shiancoe so that's why i'd go with him.

check out mine, would ye?!?! viewtopic.php?t=508086
sinicalypse
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sincitydealz » Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:47 am

petti and davis

shiancoe has been a bust.

help wid mine pls viewtopic.php?t=508190
sincitydealz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby abby1 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:46 am

Davis and Petti
abby1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kingmike74 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:36 am

Yeh, Davis is a must start and a top 5 guy right now IMO. Schef is looming so I would not start Pettigrew of Davis and Shiancoe may have a good match up and good track record but you gotta go Davis.

Good luck man and if you get time....
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=508200
kingmike74
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Who to Start/Bench