MJD for Fitz? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

MJD for Fitz? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

MJD for Fitz? WHIR

Postby jaypurp » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:55 pm

So I'm being offered Fitz for my MJD. I also have McCoy and Murray as my RB's, so I can spare him. But is it too much for Fitz considering the QB situation at ARI?

Also, who would you guys prefer going forward for playoffs, Murray or MJD? Really need some insight. Leave a link and I'll do the same for you!
jaypurp
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: MJD for Fitz? WHIR

Postby garretterik » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:00 pm

Wow great team. Straight up I would rather have MJD over Fitz. However, whether or not this is a good trade depends on a couple of factors - is this PPR (if so MJD has more value than a RB like Murray). Do you start a flex position? If so the tandem of Murray, McCoy and MJD should be unstoppable for the playoffs. But if you only start two and have one of these three studs on your bench each week then trade one for a WR 1 - like Fitz where you are trading bench for starting position upgrades. With the state of the Ari passing game i would keep my assessment of Fitz in check. He is great and had a great week, but you can't like all that turn over at QB for his production and timing going forward.
Help me:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=508334
garretterik
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 29)

Postby fierro33 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:18 pm

Post ur team next time

id rather have MJD over fitz....MJD has a nice schedule coming up, and i dont trust fitz to produce with his qb situation...kolb should be back soon but what has kolb done to help fitz put up stats? nothing.

after reading jerry jones statement on how he would love to see felix and murray in there at the same time im scared jerry jones will hurt murrays value so i prefer mjd over murray. in a ppr murray is the better rb because mjd just doesnt catch balls out of the backfield anymore, but with felix taking over the 3rd down role im not so sure murray will catch balls either...with that bein said id keep ur rbs

viewtopic.php?t=508350
fierro33
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jaypurp » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:28 pm

garretterik wrote:Wow great team. Straight up I would rather have MJD over Fitz. However, whether or not this is a good trade depends on a couple of factors - is this PPR (if so MJD has more value than a RB like Murray). Do you start a flex position? If so the tandem of Murray, McCoy and MJD should be unstoppable for the playoffs. But if you only start two and have one of these three studs on your bench each week then trade one for a WR 1 - like Fitz where you are trading bench for starting position upgrades. With the state of the Ari passing game i would keep my assessment of Fitz in check. He is great and had a great week, but you can't like all that turn over at QB for his production and timing going forward.

Its a standard non PPR league, no flex spot. The reason I'm looking at Fitz is cause I really need WR's. These are my WR's:

J. Maclin, J. Nelson, P. Harvin, V. Cruz, J. Ford

With Maclin most likely out this week, I need to find some consistency with my WR's. The guy who offered me Fitz also has Megatron, so I was thinking of making an offer for him instead.
jaypurp
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)

Postby tapionminoshi » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:51 pm

Good luck trying to trade for megatron. As my league's megatron owner, i'm not even looking at any trades for him.

Felix Jones has been utter shit since he got to the league. DMurray is catching balls left and right. I can't imagine the time share to be more than 75/25 to start with, and i imagine it growing smaller each game. And Murray has been performing like a top 5 RB. Ill take murray all day, in ppr or no ppr, over MJD.

As for your trade, Nelson(95), Maclin(85), and Cruz(88) all have more points this year than Fitzgerald(84) in my league. I'd pass. You have 3 great WRs and 3 great RBs. Go upgrade at TE or QB.

help w/ mine:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=508368
10 Team PPR
QB - MStafford(DET)
RB - APeterson(MIN), MForte(CHI), DSproles(NO), BTate(HOU), JBell(DET), LMiller(MIA), SVereen(NE)
WR - DBryant(DAL), TSmith(HOU), JGordon(CLE), EDecker(DEN), JJones(GB)
TE - Gronk(NE)
tapionminoshi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 43)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions