Schaub out for week 12 +... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Schaub out for week 12 +...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Schaub out for week 12 +...

Postby FFslacker » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:36 am

So far I've lost Charles, Graham, Schaub, and possibly Best depending on whatever the heck is going on with him. This is by far the worst ff season I have ever had due to injury. And I thought it sucked when I lost Brady in the first game a couple years ago. :-b
FFslacker
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Schaub out for week 12 +...

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:40 pm

Schaub is a pretty good QB but I think people are over-rating just how important he is to Houston. Teams have been putting 8 or 9 guys in the box all year against Houston regardless of Schaub and they have still run the ball very well. I think you can downgrade Daniels and Johnson a tiny bit but I think Foster actually sees a small increase in value from this. The games will probably be closer from here on out for Houston meaning more carries for Foster and less for Tate. I think now is an excellent buy low time on Foster and Andre Johnson because of their soft FF playoff schedule and perceived hit in value.

If Leinart does struggle badly, TJ Yates (rookie QB out of UNC) looks like he has some promise. Kubiak has been comparing the guy to an early career Schaub with a slightly weaker arm. Still, Yates played 4 years in college and comes from a pro-style system. Its not inconceivable that he couldn't step in and play pretty well if Leinart lays a turd. Maybe I am completely wrong, but I see this as a good opportunity to try and trade for any Texans you can for the stretch run. I think they will be golden during the FF playoffs which is what its all about (Week 15 - Carolina, Week 16 - Indy).
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk