2 Big Questions - 100% WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

2 Big Questions - 100% WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

2 Big Questions - 100% WHIR

Postby TecmoBowlMVP » Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Question 1: Schaub may be out for the season. I have Cutler on my bench. Should I stick with him or pick someone up?
My WW options:
Andy Dalton
Alex Smith
Colt McCoy

Question 2: I was trying to get Harvin for Helu, but the other guy offered Williams for Tolbert. Should I take this deal, stick with Harvin, or make a move for Big Ben with Schaub's year in limbo?
My team:
QB: M. Schaub, J. Cutler
RB: A. Foster, F. Gore, M. Tolbert, R. Helu, P. Thomas, D. Karim
WR: H. Nicks, A.J. Green, N. Washington, L. Robinson, D. Hester, A. Collie, P. Parker
TE: J. Witten, J. Gresham
K: D. Carpenter
DEF: Giants, Cards

His team:
QB: T. Tebow, Big Ben
RB: D. Sproles, W. McGahee, J. Stewart, R. Brown, F. Jones
WR: W. Welker, L. Fitzgerald, P. Harvin, M. Williams, D. Nelson, D. Thomas
TE: J. Graham, E. Dickson
K: N. Novak
DEF: 49ers, Chargers

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by TecmoBowlMVP on Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
DISCLAIMER: The opinions of this post are just that, opinions. Success is not guaranteed. Please use your own judgment before making your decisions. If you answered my question, thanks! Leave a link and I will respond.
TecmoBowlMVP
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2 Big Questions - 100% WHIR

Postby Norsouh » Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:12 pm

Question 1: I think Culter is a better Quarterback then he gets credit for, however I'm not sure I would feel comfortable having him as my #1. Of the WW options you listed, I like Andy Dalton the best, he has been very consistent and solid this year, though his schedule over the next few weeks is tough. Overall I would suggest trying to make a deal for a different Qb.

Question 2: I don't really like any of the trades that you mentioned, Harvin has been terrible this year, he isn't even on the field for all offensive packages. Big Ben has been alright this season, but has struggled with consistency.

please check out mine
viewtopic.php?t=508362
Norsouh
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tapionminoshi » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:39 pm

Q1: Like was said before, I'd def go with Dalton except he faces a murderer's row of D's from here on out. Cutler is probably going to get better with Earl Bennet back, so i wouldn't feel too too bad sticking with him. Better then any of the others.

Q2a: Harvin has some upside if he gets healthy, and since none of these players we're talking about are starters, i'd look to get him as the best lotto ticket available. i refuse to touch washington RB's, so if you can dump helu for anyone, i'd do it.

Q2b: Ben's schedule isn't easy either. i'd steer clear unless you get an insane deal.

help w/ mine:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=508368
10 Team PPR
QB - MStafford(DET)
RB - APeterson(MIN), MForte(CHI), DSproles(NO), BTate(HOU), JBell(DET), LMiller(MIA), SVereen(NE)
WR - DBryant(DAL), TSmith(HOU), JGordon(CLE), EDecker(DEN), JJones(GB)
TE - Gronk(NE)
tapionminoshi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 43)

Postby TecmoBowlMVP » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:27 am

New development: With Schaub most likely done, he's offered Big Ben and Williams for Tolbert and Green. I feel I'll be giving up too much. Thoughts?
DISCLAIMER: The opinions of this post are just that, opinions. Success is not guaranteed. Please use your own judgment before making your decisions. If you answered my question, thanks! Leave a link and I will respond.
TecmoBowlMVP
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dblj9911 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:42 am

1- Cutler is your best option out of those qbs. The only thing that I may do is to look and see who has the best playoff match ups and add them as a back up in case Cutler goes down.

2-I only like Big Ben out of those players you listed, I would stick with what you have and look to see if he is willing to move Ben and roll with Tebow.

Good luck.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=508395
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions