Leinart or Ponder? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Leinart or Ponder?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Leinart or Ponder?

Postby CMan0928 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:04 pm

I know this may come across as a bit silly given his past, but in a H2H league would anyone start Leinart over Ponder? I'm in a two QB league, and I currently own Stafford, Palmer, and Ponder. Stafford and Palmer always get the starting nod of course. But assuming Schaub is out for the remainder of the season with the foot injury, who would you rather take a chance on? Ponder or Leinart? Both have a good running attack to rely on, but I'd say that Leinart has more talent at his disposal at WR and TE. Anyone?
CMan0928
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Leinart or Ponder?

Postby moochman » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:00 am

I would go with Leinart just in case he can throw a pass to the flat and let Foster run Foster run.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:56 pm

At least, unlike me, you didn't draft Schaub and Campbell, leaving you with the option of which of those QBs to start in the playoffs...

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby moochman » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:10 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:At least, unlike me, you didn't draft Schaub and Campbell, leaving you with the option of which of those QBs to start in the playoffs...

You are not alone. How about Schaub, Campbell, then picking up Cassels when Campbell went down. ;-D I have never seen a season where so many of my players, QBs especially, have fallen.

To get back to the question, as I said I'd rather take Leinart. He does have experience and there is a possibility that he is a guy who needed to mature and learn. Sure, its a small chance but he is in an O that is set up to score and Ponder is caught in a quagmire as Minnesota founders.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk