2 QB league - WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

2 QB league - WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

2 QB league - WHIR

Postby Pl3onner » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:27 am

So I've got a 2 QB League where I'm on 5 straight wins, looking to crack second place next week. Standard scoring, non PPR. My two QBs have been Vick and Tebow and it's worked out pretty well, my backup is Hasselbeck. I'm thinking that Vick isn't going to play this week with Multiple broken ribs and I'm not sweatin it as he's under-performed the past couple of weeks.

It's a miracle that Tebow did well fantasy-wise last week. A rushing TD and a passing TD helped with that, but can I really trust him as a starter if he's only making two completions a game? I'm thinking I may need to start Hasselbeck and another, especially with Tebow against the Jets. I've put in a trade Tebow for Carson Palmer, I'm hoping that his fantasy value is high now and that the person won't realize how much of a risk he is. I have 3 must start RBs and we only start 2: Bradshaw, Murray and Turner. Should I try and trade one for one of his QBs? He's got Rivers, Newton and Palmer and is pretty much the only person stockpiling QBs in that league. Here are the potential FA that I could start at QB over Tebow as well:

Sketlon (a great play if he gets the start, but he's playing SF)
Moore
Grossman
Gabbert
Palko
Vince Young

Those are all of the QBs who will get the start, including if Vick is out. I'm thinkin the only one who gives Tebow a run is Skelton. I suppose this is a long term decision as well as a decision for this week, so should I start Tebow on Thursday if the Palmer deal doesn't go through? (I think unless it gets accepted today I'll be good to go) Its tough because Tebow's playing Thursday this week, hopefully it will be clear by then if Vick will be starting.

Thanks for reading, whir 100%
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2 QB league - WHIR

Postby Derezzed » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:13 pm

I've heard Moore may be a decent pickup, but it's the Dolphins, so even though he's had 2 good weeks, at some point they will probably realize they are the Dolphins and he will go downhill.
Grossman I don't think I could ever trust in fantasy.
Vince Young has the weapons, but with what's going on in Philly right now (I am an Eagles fan), I worry things are just going to get worse. Celek isn't happy, Jackson isn't happy and who knows what's going on inside his head and how that will affect his play. Steve Smith pulled a Pinkston and just went down without putting up the effort, so I'd stay away from Young. At least Vick can get run around and get some points.
Skelton seems like the best bet, if the Palmer trade doesn't go through.
Derezzed
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby chcbb » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:55 pm

Thanks for weighing in on mine.

It's a tough one ... I'd say I tend to agree w/ you that Skelton is the only real viable alternative on that list.
If Palmer falls through however, looking at the remaining schedules, I'd be inclined to stick w/ Tebow (I don't like Skelton facing SF twice in 4 weeks).
chcbb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Derezzed » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:05 pm

True. Harbough has done great things, but Larry Fitzgerald is just so good. He will get Skelton points.
Derezzed
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Who to Start/Bench