Bye week QB help needed ... WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Bye week QB help needed ... WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bye week QB help needed ... WHIR!

Postby chcbb » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:47 am

With Roethlisberger on bye this week, I need to choose a fill in. Fitzpatrick is sitting on my bench, and even though he's playing Miami this week his recent play has me nervous about using him. So looking at the WW, here are my options:

Fitzpatrick @ Mia
Palmer @ Min
Hassleback @ Atl
Flacco v Cin
Cutler v SD
Bradford v Sea
Smith v Ari

My initial thought on this group is Palmer or maybe Cutler ... any one else have thoughts?
chcbb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bye week QB help needed ... WHIR!

Postby Pl3onner » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:02 am

You've got a reason to be nervous about Fitz, he hasn't had more than 15 points since week 3 in standard scoring leagues and has had an awful past two weeks. My initial thought was to go with him until I checked that out. Rodgers trumped Minnesota last night, but Palmer still might be a bit of a risky start. Cutler is another option that jumps out at me, along with Alex Smith (especially if Gore doesn't end up playing this week). Hasselbeck is the only other person I'd consider, but I'd go with Palmer. If you're not desperate for a win the other players might be less risky, but I can't see Palmer doing worse than last week against a worse defense.

Help? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=508408
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby 1swift » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:26 pm

At this point. Im convinced Alex Smith can play essentially game manage mistake free. Thats going to get you arounde 10-12, i doubt he touches 15+ but I also doubt he busts down to sub 10.

Fitzpatrick, palmer, Hasselbeck, and cutler I thnk have the ability to exceed that, but also the ability to fall below that.

I'm struggling with this one too but it's really becoming a race between fitzpatrick who i really really hope bounces back, or Hassellbeck/palmer. It's a really rough decision eh?

Also that houston bye couldnt come at a worse time as I rely heavily on Foster too. I have murray and mcfadden but news on DMC isnt great. Sigh.
1swift
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tsbk00069 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:49 pm

I would probably go with Fitz, there's more upside there even though it's been rough they are due for a breakout game vs Miami. But if that makes you too nervous then Palmer is a great option this week going against MN bad pass D
tsbk00069
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby chcbb » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:52 pm

Pl3onner wrote:If you're not desperate for a win the other players might be less risky, but I can't see Palmer doing worse than last week against a worse defense.

Well I'm pretty desperate for the win ... likely need to run the table to make the playoffs ... sounds like Palmer might be the best "risk/reward" pick this week, which I'm all about! Tough call however.
chcbb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby chcbb » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:53 pm

1swift wrote:I have murray and mcfadden but news on DMC isnt great. Sigh.

I have DMC too, but luckily I grabbed M. Bush off the WW a couple weeks ago, and he's proven to be a more than able fill in!
chcbb
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby imissbdawk » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:43 pm

I would go with fitz personally. he'll bounce back against the fins.
imissbdawk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Team Gooch » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:04 pm

i like fitz a little more than palmer this week. i believe fitz will get back on track this week against miami. the vikings were just humiliated on mnf so i think they come out pissed off and play the raiders pretty tough this week.

help
viewtopic.php?t=508436
Team Gooch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

Return to Who to Start/Bench