Schaub is out, who should I replace him with? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Schaub is out, who should I replace him with?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Schaub is out, who should I replace him with?

Postby Derezzed » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:20 am

Ryan Fitzpatrick is my other QB, but now that Schaub is out for the season, who should I pick up? Thanks for sharing your football knowledge on this!

Here's the available QBs:

Josh Freeman, TB
Alex Smith, SF
Joe Flacco, Bal
Matt Moore, Mia
John Skelton, Ari
Tarvaris Jackson, Sea
Tyler Palko, KC
Vince Young, Phi
Colt McCoy, Cle
Andy Dalton, Cin
Rex Grossman, Wsh
Sam Bradford, StL
Derezzed
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Schaub is out, who should I replace him with?

Postby Pl3onner » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:43 am

I think the only three worth your time on this list are: Alex Smith, Flacco and Dalton, keeping an eye on Skelton in the off chance he pulls a Tom Brady on Kolb. I like Dalton for the rest of the season, he has a tough schedule (Ravens and Steelers in his division) but should be a pretty solid week to week start. That being said, Dalton is playing Baltimore this weekend who still played good pass D in a loss to the Seahawks and should still be regarded as one of the best defenses in the game. Alex Smith is probably a better choice for this week (Flacco vs Bengals doesn't look great either)

How are your roster spots looking? If I were you I would pick up two of these guys (probably Dalton and Smith but Flacco has experience) and start them over each other on a week to week basis, starting with Smith this week. I'm sure the Vick owner on your league is going to be on the hunt too and picking up players defensively has worked well for me.

Hope this helps, you're input would be appreciated on mine if you have an opinion on it - viewtopic.php?f=19&t=508408
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Derezzed » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:15 pm

Thanks. I just replied to your thread.
I am only allowed to have 2 QBs: one to play and one to bench. So I can't just pick up more QBs and rotate them. I can try picking up and dropping each week but someone else could pick a QB up and screw that idea over.

I was pretty much thinking I should choose between Dalton, Smith and Flacco. I am not sure how much I trust Freeman. But I figured I'd put the full list in case somewhat had some good insight.
Derezzed
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Pl3onner » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:31 pm

Derezzed wrote:Thanks. I just replied to your thread.
I am only allowed to have 2 QBs: one to play and one to bench. So I can't just pick up more QBs and rotate them. I can try picking up and dropping each week but someone else could pick a QB up and screw that idea over.

I was pretty much thinking I should choose between Dalton, Smith and Flacco. I am not sure how much I trust Freeman. But I figured I'd put the full list in case somewhat had some good insight.

I don't see what the problem is, you can drop Schaub, he's out for the season. Pick up Smith and Dalton. You're probably at the least risk to lose Flacco as an FA option as of now.
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pl3onner » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Pl3onner wrote:
Derezzed wrote:Thanks. I just replied to your thread.

I don't see what the problem is, you can drop Schaub, he's out for the season. Pick up Smith and Dalton. You're probably at the least risk to lose Flacco as an FA option as of now.

Not sure if you only thought Schaub was just on Bye, but he's probably out for the whole season. If anyone is starting Cassel they're in the same boat too so more competition for free agents.
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Derezzed » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:01 pm

Oh I know he's out for the season.
So, Pl3onner, are you suggesting I drop Fitzpatrick as well and then pick up Smith/Dalton? I can only have 2 QBs on the roster at any given moment.
Derezzed
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Pl3onner » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Whoops, completely forgot about Fitz haha sorry. I guess You shouldn't drop him, although right now he's looking like the weakest option of the 3 he has one of the easiest schedules left. If you drop him he'll probably get scooped immediately. So this is a judgement call depending on your placement going into the playoffs and how aggressive you want to be. Also how aggressive is your league? Do people monitor the free agency a lot?

Smith - Better start this week, has a better team, not a typically high fantasy scorer, Gore at RB pretty much runs offense, no great receivers.
Dalton - Better performance this year, rough matchup this week and a few more in weeks to come, A.J. Green went down with a minor injury last week (will most likely be fine), AND he's a rookie. It's a pass heavy offense though.

Also should note going into the later weeks Dalton may still be fighting for a playoff spot while Smith is almost definitely going to win the NFC west.

I think I would go with Dalton, maybe start Fitz against Miami this week? There's a chance Smith will stay in the FA for next week, but I don't see him getting over 20 points at any time this season.

Hope this helps, went in depth to make up for the fact that I completely forgot about Fitz haha
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Derezzed » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going with Dalton. I may end up starting Fitzpatrick for the rest of the season anyway, but I think Dalton may be my best bet. Either way, my team has been sketchy all year and I may not make our playoffs anyway. :)
Derezzed
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Who to Start/Bench