Commissioner Foul Play? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Commissioner Foul Play?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Commissioner Foul Play?

Postby AnKol » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:13 pm

So our commissioner just got done complaining at me for trading Philip Rivers for L. Blount (I know could be a terrible trade, but I don't think it's vetoable), then suddenly the commish is trading his Earl Bennett for Darren McFadden. Ontop of that, the owner of D. McFadden has not adjusted her team in about 7-8 weeks, leaving all sorts of people hurt or on bye weeks.

So I'm pretty sure this is a load of crap.
AnKol
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Commissioner Foul Play?

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:16 pm

Neither of those trades is vetoable IMO, even though they're both pretty stupid on the surface in their own rights. Both owners can easily claim they are trying to improve their teams with the deals, and I highly doubt there's any collusion (provable or otherwise).

Blount and the Bucs are a mess, but there's matchup-based upside there, and Rivers is a mess in his own right. The McFadden deal is arguably more fair in the short term - DMC is a stud, but he has a terrible schedule and Bush breathing down his neck to add to his checkered injury history, and a positive argument for Bennet's output based on recent history makes it a lot closer than you think.

I'd way rather have DMC and Rivers, but there's also nothing to veto IMO :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Commissioner Foul Play?

Postby dmbhawker » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:55 pm

I think both trades are acceptable, though not to sure of the McFadden one, Bennet is hot but soldier field gets pretty nasty later in the season and harder to throw, but whatever.

There's not much you can do about it except not play in that league next season or by a league run by that commish. I think choosing leagues to play in is very important because your season can be ruined by a dud commish.

sorry bro only thing to do is learn and move on i guess.
qb-ryan
qb-kolb
rb-foster
rb-ryan matthews
wr-megatron
wr-fitzgerald
wr-aj green
te-gates
flex/bn- helu, tate, wells, moss, yates,
def-cin

GO CORNHUSKERS!!
dmbhawker