Missing the Offseason - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Missing the Offseason

Moderator: Football Moderators

Missing the Offseason

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:27 pm

The players and owners preached about player safety and what not all offseason during the CBA meetings. By not letting the players into camp and getting the proper conditioning, isn't it ironic that this year seems to have an influx in injuries? Do you guys think it happens to relate to the missed offseason or just random?
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Missing the Offseason

Postby dgan » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:58 pm

I don't know that there is more injuries than usual, although it seems more of the marquee names happen to be the injured ones - I would chalk that up as coincidence. There might be a couple extra hamstring issues than what you would typically see, so I guess you could draw a parallel there.

However, I do think offensive line and secondary play has been horrendous throughout the league. I would like to attribute that to the short offseason somehow, but I'm not sure how. It does seem that the lack of rookie camps has really prevented the normal roost of young players that tend to make a name for themselves in a given year. And since a lot of young secondary players are typically thrust into action, that may account for the poor defensive play.

Who knows...
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk