Trade Deadline Coming - Do I trade Cam Newton?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade Deadline Coming - Do I trade Cam Newton??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade Deadline Coming - Do I trade Cam Newton??

Postby Patriot_Pride » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:52 pm

I need help. I'm in a 14 person Keeper league (can keep two players on your team - maximum of three years...ie after you have kept a person twice you have to return him to the pool of players after the third year). At the moment I am in 8th place (5-5) and just a game out of 6th place (top six make playoffs) with three weeks to go before the playoffs. I have both Tom Brady and Cam Newton as my quarterbacks (drafted both of them this year so both are in their first year of keeper eligibility). The trade deadline is this Friday for my league and I am contemplating trading Cam Newton. A few people said I should trade Brady but I don't think I could do that (Hell look at my screen name!). I have holes on my team and need to fill them and I figure that since I wouldn't be keeping Cam Newton at the end of the year that I should try and get something for him particularly since someone I would trade him to would be able to keep him for two more seasons after this one if they wanted to.

I am not worried about K, Def or TE....just the WR and RB positions. Presently I have Manningham, Jordy Nelson, Torry Smith, Lance Moore and Miles Austin as WR's and DeMarco Murray, Blount, Kendall Hunter, and Peyton Hillis as RB's. I am thinking that if I trade Newton, I should try and get a RB and a WR to add to my team.

I have two people I thik would want a QB (the other teams have really good QBs) -
1) One team has ALex Smith as QB (so he def would want an upgrade) - he has Harvin, Bess, Robinson (Dallas), and Colston as WR's and Greene (NYJ), Jacobs (NYG), McFadden and James Starks as RB....He is also 2-8 and has no chance of making playoffs so he might be wanting to upgrade and prepare for next year.
2) Other team has Matt Moore and Jackson (Sea) as QB's - his players are Bryant, Welker, Gaffney and Nate Washington as WRs and Fred Jackson, Reece (Oak), MCcluster, and Felix Jones as RBs. He is 6-4 and is in 5th place and I do play him in two weeks.

What should i do?? Should I trade Newton and if so to which team and for what?? The other option is do I trade Newton for someone's first round pick next year instead of players. I need to fill holes now but not sure if planning for next year is a better option....PLEASE HELP!
Patriot_Pride
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Deadline Coming - Do I trade Cam Newton??

Postby Patriot_Pride » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:55 pm

Forgot to mention in my long winded post that it is a PPR league....thought this might be useful to some in trying to give advice on appropriate compensation....Scoring is pretty standard (ie don't differ much at all from Yahoo point values)....
Patriot_Pride
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby karl0528 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:18 pm

Thanks for the feedback you left me, I appreciate it. If you trade Cam I like the second team you listed w/ Bryant and Jackson if there is some way you can land both of them i would do it maybe offer him hillis or blount and see if that works? If you can pull that off I think you will have made a hell of a deal. Good luck and thanks for the feedback you left me!
karl0528
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby JimJones » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:58 pm

Trade Newton for Welker & go with the Pats Combo. ;-)
QB: B. Roethlisberger
RB1: D. Murray
RB2: D. Sproles
WR1: J. Jones
WR2: P. Harvin
Flex: J. Maclin
TE: J. Graham
K: J. Hanson
DEF: Play by match-ups

Bench:
C.J. Spiller
Fred Jackson
Randall Cobb
Jerome Simpson
Reuben Randle
Fred Davis
JimJones
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Mickel208 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:03 pm

In a PPR league I agree trading Newton for Welker if he would go for it.

help please.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=508470
Winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing!!!
Mickel208
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby faitdavid » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:51 pm

Seems to me you need more help at running back.... Newton for Mcfadden straight up?
faitdavid
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JimJones » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:40 am

faitdavid wrote:Seems to me you need more help at running back.... Newton for Mcfadden straight up?

You're responding to threads from last year....
QB: B. Roethlisberger
RB1: D. Murray
RB2: D. Sproles
WR1: J. Jones
WR2: P. Harvin
Flex: J. Maclin
TE: J. Graham
K: J. Hanson
DEF: Play by match-ups

Bench:
C.J. Spiller
Fred Jackson
Randall Cobb
Jerome Simpson
Reuben Randle
Fred Davis
JimJones
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby faitdavid » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:07 pm

JimJones wrote:
faitdavid wrote:Seems to me you need more help at running back.... Newton for Mcfadden straight up?

You're responding to threads from last year....

Hahaha! I didn't even check the date. My fault.
faitdavid
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions