Why is Johnny Knox having such a BAD SEASON??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why is Johnny Knox having such a BAD SEASON???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why is Johnny Knox having such a BAD SEASON???

Postby Metropolitans » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:26 am

At the beginning of the season, there was a messy situation where Roy Williams had Knox starting WR position even though Knox OUTPLAYED Roy and even tho Roy hassucked as of late.... But 10 Weeks into the season, Knox STILL isn't producing, meanwhile Jay Cutler IS PRODUCING! I just don't get it! Knox is Cutlers fastest WR by far, ad he's arguable his best playmaker as well! Sanzenbacher has emerged as a solid outlet for Jay and so has Earl Bennett, but at the end of the day, NO WR on Chicago is Fantasy relevant, which sorta Baffles me?!? Jay Cutler had an absolute CANNON for an Arm and he Proved back with Denver that he can gel with a #1 WR n put up HUGE Numbers (I'm NOT saying Knox is as good as Marshall!!!) but despit Knox having a solid 2010 campaign and he appeared to be prime fkr a BIG Breakout 2011 season, as he possessed the Covetted Speed and Hands that all elite WRs must have, plus he was finally familiar with the playbook. In all honesty, my main concern wasn't Knox, it was Cutler, would he have time? Would He get hurt? Would he rush throws? .... But Cutler has Been GREAT thisyr and ESPECIALLY in his last Month or so! How come Knox is the beneficiary of this great play???? I just don't get it!! Johnny Knox is NOT as good as DeSean Jackson and/or Mike Wallace but he does possess IDENTICAL skill sets! All 3 are small WRs (under 200lbs, more like 180), all can BURN! (below 4.4 forty's at the combine!). And all 3 have QBs who can sling the rock deep and take advantage of that world class speed! But 2 of those 3 have actually taken advantage of their WRs skill set!!! (not DJax thisyr but clearly his upside n talent has emerged)... My question is; Why do u guys think Knox hasn't taken that leap into "Elite Burner WR", despite owning the EXACT Skill Set (and QB cannons) that other WRs have???? This completely BAFFLES ME thisyr!!! I just dont get it... Any Bears fans watch ya Boys enough to have insight??? I mean I know the Bears are a run-first team with Forte being an absolute BEAST!!! (please pay the man! I'll have a heart attack for Forte if He were to get hurt!!!) i mean, come on - You've got guys like Peyton Hillis crying n bitching everywk, being a distraction rather than helping their team, now Karmas got his bitchass HURT..... :-[ and then theres scumBags like Cj2k sitting out ALL OF TRAINING CAMP, and arguably the first 9 Wks of the season, lol! But these guys sit out n get paid n then dog it and DON'T HELP THEIR TEAM AFTER THEIR HUGE PAYDAY..... yet guys like Matt Forte are out there every single Sunday busting his freakin ASS and putting up MONSTER NUMBERS, risking potential injury, cmon Bears, do the right thing!!! GOD FORBID Matt Forte got hurt, you'll NEVER EVER see a player Play Thru his contract negotiations, every single scumbag will pull a CJ2K n hurt their team in order to get paid! Stop messing with fire n do the right thing already Chicago!!!! LOL WOW! enough about Forte!!

But I look forward to you BEARS FANS and your ideas as to WHY JOHNNY KNOX HASNT IMPROVED INTO A TOP WR???? maybe not even Top 10, even like Top 20-30!! His skillset CLEARLY translated with Jackson n Wallace, why not Knox??!!
10Team H2H
(8-1 Record)
QB- Stafford
WR- VJax
WR- Marshall
WR/RB-JNelson
RB- RRice
RB- DMC
TE- Gronkowski
K- Akers
DEF- WW Matchups
Bench- Bradford, Morris, Meachem, JBest, JBaldwin, Ridley
Metropolitans
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Why is Johnny Knox having such a BAD SEASON???

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Not many people are going to read that giant block of text.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mr.Joshua » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:32 pm

thats funny, was thinking the same....at least not for some one like Knox
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby moochman » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:06 pm

I don't know. I hate the Bares, but will not commit 500 words to it. lol I do know that Martz history suggests that there are several ways to get in his doghouse, few ways out. Could be Knox hasn't learned enough of his massive playbook, or maybe isn't running the routes well. It doesn't take much.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Slayer Rules » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:04 pm

Knox is a one-trick pony in an offense based upon timing?
Slayer Rules
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metropolitans » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:36 am

Dawinner127 wrote:Not many people are going to read that giant block of text.

Allow me to sum it up for you;

Johnny Knox has a "similar skill set" when compared to DeSean Jackson and Mike Wallace (all 3 are around 6ft tall and skinny, with sub 4.4 speed to burn!! So why have Wallace and DJax flourished as deep threats (not DJAx thisyr but hes proven to be an elite deep threat/BIG Play treat!) and Knox hasn't??? Cutler definitely has the BIG Time Arm thats needed to take advantage of Knox's elite speed and Jays played well this season so it's not his fault. Any opinions why??!!

Good point to the guy above who said "he's a one trick pony in a 'timing offense'... But Wallace and DJax 'pretty much' only have a few moves, they don't go over the middle on slants or run drags into the interior LineBackers. Pretty much, they run skinny posts, posts, go routes, screens and quick slants on single coverage.
10Team H2H
(8-1 Record)
QB- Stafford
WR- VJax
WR- Marshall
WR/RB-JNelson
RB- RRice
RB- DMC
TE- Gronkowski
K- Akers
DEF- WW Matchups
Bench- Bradford, Morris, Meachem, JBest, JBaldwin, Ridley
Metropolitans
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby Mr.Joshua » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:19 am

Wallace is now much more of a complete reciever than the other 2
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby mattb47 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:54 pm

Mr.Joshua wrote:Wallace is now much more of a complete reciever than the other 2

Yea, a pure deep threat receiver can and will be shut down by opposing defenses. You can see it this year with Jackson, he's not doing much of anything because he really can only run those deep routes and doesn't like going over the middle at all. The Bears offense isn't really suited to accent someone of Knox's talents either which doesn't help his case much as it's not really an air it out deep down the field type of offense with Mike Martz in town. Knox has some talents but he's not such an exceptional talent that he can really succeed in an offense not built to have a guy like him be a great receiver in.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby qwerty30210 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:58 am

I am a full fledged, die hard Bears fan.....for life (in case you couldn't tell already haha). And I really like Knox when he plays good. But he does not consistently play well because...hes a big fat wuss. He does not complete his routes, he rarely goes across the middle (which is needed in Martz system) becauses he's scared to get hit. He would be a great WR...if this was FLAG FOOTBALL!

Trust me, as a Bears fan, I wish he would do good. But fantasy-wise, the only WR you want from the Bears is Bennett. He runs great routes, gets YAC, and has the best chemistry with Cutler (they played together at Vanderbilt).
qwerty30210
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk