Should I trade either Megatron or Welker?? *WHIR* - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Should I trade either Megatron or Welker?? *WHIR*

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I trade either Megatron or Welker?? *WHIR*

Postby bricox171 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:12 pm

My roster:
qb-Hasselbeck, Fitzpatrick, Bradford
rb-Foster, DMC, Bradshaw, Greene, Ball, Hunter
wr-Megatron, Welker, Lloyd, Robinson, Breaston
te-V. Davis

This is a PPR league with bonus points for long plays (40+ and 50+). I have been mediocre at QB all year but my WR's have helped me out big time. I'm currently first in my division and tied for 1st in the league. I have always gone by the saying "if it aint broke, dont fix it) but I have squeaked by the last few weeks mainly because of the play of Foster. I was thinking of proposing this trade, Welker for Jennings and Murray. Should I be more focused on getting a better QB? Should I just sit tight and ride with what I got? What is going to happen to DMC when he comes back especially with the way Bush as played?

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!! ***leave a link and I'll be happy to help with your questions***
bricox171
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I trade either Megatron or Welker?? *WHIR*

Postby bricox171 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:08 pm

bump... WHIR
bricox171
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Fuqyu » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:13 pm

I don't know the other owner's position, but I doubt he would agree to that trade. I have Murray and would be hesitant to trade him straight up for Welker, let alone with Jennings. Also, I don't think you need a RB, with McFadden and Foster going forward. You could try for a good QB, but honestly, I think you should stick with what you've got.
Fuqyu
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 40)

Postby DirtDiver » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:41 pm

I wouldn't worry about DMC..he will be the #1 back when he comes back..nothing will change. I don't think he would go for that trade..you can try..but I wouldn't do it. If DMC isn't back this week.. I would probably roll with Greene..with LT hurt. Also..any reason you have 3 QB's? I would get rid of Bradford with the two QB's you have. Just sit back and see what you can do this week with what you got
QB - RGIII
WR - R. Wayne, A.J. Green, Antonio Brown, L. Moore
RB - M. Forte, Rashad Jennings, D. Murray, R. Mendenhall, J. Dwyer
TE - J. Witten, A. Gates
Flex - T. Richardson
K - R. Gould
DEF - Bears
DirtDiver
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby oakstreetboy » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:43 pm

Thanks for the help on mine.

I don't think the owner will give you Jennings/Murray for Welker, but crazier things have happened, and if he'll do it, I'd do it if I was you.

But if not, I think your set at RB, and good at WR, so if your going to upgrade, do it at the QB position. I don't know how many RBs and WRs you start each week, but if it's 2 RB and 2 WR, then I'd try and trade Welker for Brees or someone of his nature and you still have Lloyd/Robinson as your starter. If you start 3 WRs or a flex, then I'd stand pat, because any move you make to upgrade your QB is going to hurt your starting lineup elsewhere.

Or else, do what i did. I traded Laurent Robinson to the owner who has Austin, and played it off as it was like them getting Austin back right away instead of having to wait for him to heal. I got back Philip Rivers, as I was in a similar situation at QB, however he had Cam Newton and Rivers so he was willing to part with Rivers.
oakstreetboy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 43)

Postby omikron » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:20 pm

I definitely agree with the above post, focus on getting a better QB. I'd trade one of your best 3 WRs along with a low tier player to try to get a top 8 or so QB. Definitely try to shop Lloyd first though before considering trading away Megatron or Welker.
omikron
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby JimJones » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:46 pm

Find a team that has 2 elite QB's (Most likely the guy who drafted Newton), and make an offer for one of his QB's...

viewtopic.php?t=508604
QB: B. Roethlisberger
RB1: D. Murray
RB2: D. Sproles
WR1: J. Jones
WR2: P. Harvin
Flex: J. Maclin
TE: J. Graham
K: J. Hanson
DEF: Play by match-ups

Bench:
C.J. Spiller