McGahee, Jacobs, or Mathews - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

McGahee, Jacobs, or Mathews

Moderator: Football Moderators

McGahee, Jacobs, or Mathews

Postby mr23 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:09 pm

Hey everyone, with Foster on bye this week I've got to make a decision between McGahee (vs. Jets), Jacobs (vs. Eagles), and Mathews (@ Bears) for 2 RB spots.

Here's some more information:

Jets are ranked 14th with most points given up to RBs this year at 19 points per game. They give up 109 rushing yards per game.

Eagles are ranked 6th with most points given up to RBs this year at 22 points per game. They give up 114 rushing yards per game.

Bears are ranked 26th with most points given up to RBs this year at 16 points per game. They give up 92 rushing yards per game.

According to rotoworld, the Broncos are now optimistic McGahee will play on Thursday night but do I start him with the risk he could get two carries and hurt himself again? If he starts, the Broncos will run all day and he will be the beneficiary. With Jacobs, he appears to be the feature back again this week and the matchup looks good on paper. With Mathews, it's a tough matchup by the numbers and he splits carries with Tolbert (although should see an increase this week). Mathews has the ability to get 8-10 points every week in fantasy because of his receiving skills but is probably the least likely to score a TD.

Need some help so let me know what you all think.
mr23
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: McGahee, Jacobs, or Mathews

Postby rhershy8 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:45 pm

I think you have to start Ryan Mathews. He is a receiving threat out of the backfield and a huge part of that offense. Jacobs will split carries with Bradshaw, and I'm not so sure McGahee will get the majority of the carries even if he does play.

viewtopic.php?t=508561
rhershy8
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 17)

Postby mr23 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:21 pm

Thanks for the advice. Bradshaw is most likely not playing this week.

What does everyone else think?
mr23
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mr23 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:38 pm

I'm leaning towards Jacobs and Mathews...playing it safe. Any other opinions?
mr23
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby pokerplaya » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:10 pm

While I am a fan of McGahee, he's too much of an injury risk to start with those other options.

Both Jacobs and Mathews are decent options in my mind, but I'd lean towards Jacobs. With Vick out, I see the Giants getting off to a sizeable lead early and leading to a lot of second half rushes for Jacobs. I see 80-90 years and a TD. Go with Jacobs.

Thoughts?
viewtopic.php?t=508596
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mr23 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:07 pm

Still trying to decide. With Vick out, Jacobs looks like a solid play for some touches and a TD. Mathews plays against a tough Bears defense but he gets so many receiving yards and looks to be taking on a bigger role again this week. However, his chances of a TD are slim.

Therefore, which two should I go with between McGahee, Mathews, and Jacobs? This is killing me lol
mr23
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Who to Start/Bench