need help fixing league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

need help fixing league

Moderator: Football Moderators

need help fixing league

Postby AnKol » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:34 am

I had a team drop every player he had onto waivers due to theformer commish messing around. I need to put things back together. Its a yahoo league. Can I undo drops/moveplayers? If so how?
AnKol
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: need help fixing league

Postby Sydewinder » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:23 pm

A couple of things should happen now:

1) That player loses control of his team the rest of the season.

2) Add all the players he dropped back onto his team manually (ESPN gives you an option to make roster moves in the League Manager settings...Yahoo SHOULD have something similar if it's a LM league).

3) His team will be controlled by the commissioner the rest of the season. He will not make any pickups/drops (only should affect this week with byes) UNLESS an injury occurs at a position he needs to fill, in which case you will just pick up the highest-projected player from that position AFTER the rest of the league has a chance to let their waivers go through.

4) Each week, the commissioner will set the team's lineup with players that are projected highest on whatever site you're using. I have never used Yahoo FFB, but ESPN puts the projections right there and is pretty easy to figure out.

This, IMO, is the best way to handle it when a team owner needs a pacifier and drops all his players like that...we had the exact same thing happen with two teams last year, and this is what I did. They came back this year, but they've had their one strike, and if they do it again they're out of the league. I also put a paragraph in our league rules stating that from now on fines will be placed on teams that drop players that - by commissioner's decision - should not be dropped if the team was trying to continue winning from week to week.
Sydewinder
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)

Postby AnKol » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:46 pm

I agree with all that. But I can't figure out how to do it in yahoo.
AnKol
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Sydewinder » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:56 pm

Sorry...can't help with that...I have only used Yahoo for baseball and I wasn't commissioner of that league, so I only have experience with running an ESPN FFB league.
Sydewinder
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)

Postby bigmck » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:29 pm

Send this user a PM. He works at Yahoo. == Fantasy Sports Genie == He is on here fairly often.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby McDuff » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:19 am

I recall last year as commish you could put players onto a teams roster manually but they reverted back onto the waivers at the end of each week. I had to send out a note warning not to pikc up the dropped players and that they would be put back onto the old teams roster.
and you can lock a team up also or assign it to a new owner.
check in the 'commishoner's tools' menu
McDuff
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Commissioner's Corner