What to do... just pick two! WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

What to do... just pick two! WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

What to do... just pick two! WHIR 100%

Postby woowoo crew » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:32 am

Bad bye for me with QBs, not to mention I've lost Schaub. We start 2 QB's.

Which two would you start, and if you can tell me why, I would LOVE it!

McCoy vs. JAX (He's been my back-up all season, so I'm thinking of rolling with him.)
Grossman vs. DAL (Just picked up when Schaub went down. Someone else got Leinart)
Alex Smith vs. ARI (Arizona is very good against the pass, so I'm worried about him.)
Palko vs. NE (I actually like the potential for a big game, as NE gives up big numbers to QBs, and Battle isn't a 25 carry back.)
Skelton vs. SF (SF also gives up good numbers to QBs)

I know this isn't pretty, but I need all the help I can get. My opponent has Rodgers and Stafford. Yeah, I know.
PPR for QB, RB, WR; 1 pt. per 10 yds.; 6 pt. TD; 1 pt. per 15 return yds.
QB: Rodgers, Stafford
RB: McCoy, Foster
WR: Cobb, Cruz
TE: Bennett
W/R: Spiller
Bench: Edelman, Gordon, Garcon, Gronk, SJax, Fitzpatrick, Woodhead
woowoo crew
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team
(Past Year: 89)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to do... just pick two! WHIR 100%

Postby Apoplectic » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:46 am

I like Palko and Skelton on this one. JAX, DAL and ARI have too good of a passing D for the other three to have that much of a game imo.

Palko does have Battle, but I don't see him being much of a factor in this game, as NE has a good rushing D, however KC does have Bowe, one of the best WR's in the game. I don't see them getting a win this week, but it should be one of the biggest shootouts KC gets in this year.

SF does give up good numbers to QB's, and he has a good WR to throw to now (although I wish he'd do it more, I've got Lloyd on my team :-C ). I see him doing well.

Whoa, we replied to each other at the same time :P Thanks for the help!
Apoplectic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)

Postby Bobola » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:01 am

That's U G L Y, my friend. :)

McCoy vs. JAX - I actually like this match-up. Jacksonville just lost their stud of a corner in Mathis and out of all the QBs you've listed I think McCoy has the most upside. PLAY EM!
Grossman vs. DAL - He's a pick machine (11 INT to 6 TDs this year) and doesn't have much in the way of help around him. Dallas is battling for the playoffs. SIT SIT SIT!
Alex Smith vs. ARI - Gore is a question mark. If he doesn't play, expect Smith to get a longer leash, especially since he came off a capable - though not exceptional - game last week. Over the last 6 games he's 9TDs/2INTs so I'd say he'd make a good start. PLAY EM!
Palko vs. NE - While I agree that the Pats passing D has been rough, I'm very hesitant to suggest playing a rookie against a Belichick-coached team; especially @ Gillette Stadium. SIT EM!
Skelton vs. SF - Given San Fran's run D being top-notch, I'd suspect they will let Skelton air it out some. He's hasn't looked bad and I feel you could start either him or Alex Smith (though I'd probably go with Smith). PLAY EM!

Hope that helps!

Looking for advice here: http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=508644
Bobola
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 3)

Postby pommona22 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:40 am

tough choices this week...
I first and foremost like the consistency of alex smith (smh...) hes been looking good and they are moving the ball relatively well on offense and the cardinals always seem to get burned deep...Skelton hasnt been bad either and they will be passing just know that there will be at least a few picks..not trusting Palko since have never seen him play so really and mccoy not a big fan either but the is usable. hopefully this helps

Help with mine:
viewtopic.php?t=508664
pommona22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby woowoo crew » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:24 pm

thanks. anyone else?
woowoo crew
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team

Postby Carnivore » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:47 pm

I would go with Skelton and Smith. I think Skelton has shown that he can throw the ball well, and he's got the right target to throw to. Along with that, I think Smith, though not the best of qbs, has shown he can put up numbers. I don't really trust the other three much if at all.
Carnivore
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby nnamssub3 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:48 pm

I'd go Skelton and Smith as well

viewtopic.php?t=508694
nnamssub3
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)

Postby erdmanski1341 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:06 pm

I'd go with skelton and smith and pray for a shootout. Cards will probably need to throw as well, so skelton for upside and smith for consistency
erdmanski1341
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby woowoo crew » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:12 pm

Forgot to remind everyone that this a PPR league. So, McCoy actually has upside since he attempts so many passes. I like Smith, but I worry about how much they will actually throw the ball in this game, especially knowing that ARI hasn't given up a passing TD in like 3 games. Would I be crazy to play McCoy and Skelton? I also have to figure out which QB becomes my replacement for Schaub for the remainder of the season. I had a great chance of winning it all, until I lost Schaub.
woowoo crew
Head Coach
Head Coach

Response Team

Postby Pl3onner » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:25 pm

Skelton and Smith have been the most consistent, I think you need to roll with them. McCoy can't be counted on for a good game, Palko has seen no action so its a huge risk regardless of the matchup and Grossman is an interception machine, not to mention that his team simply doesn't score.

Thanks for your help
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench