Commishioner QUIT - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Commishioner QUIT

Moderator: Football Moderators

Commishioner QUIT

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:32 am

OK guys, our Commish is in 1st place...theres about 10 pending trades in the league...all of which have gone well past the waiting period...and he's just not approving them...says he cant log onto his account, we think he's trying to hold off on these trades because the guy he's playing this week is picking up a stud RB and could knock him out of the 1st place spot...what can we do?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby The Sandwich » Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:42 am

Wow that sucks. I would pepper him with e-mail all day long from every member in the league. If he is the only one with access you are screwed. Obviously next year you can all screw him over by telling him that you want to be in his league and then all back out on draft night. I definitely wouldn't be in this guys league next year.
"They're Killing Me Whitey! They're Killing Me"!
The Sandwich
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby j2the3rd » Fri Dec 05, 2003 12:10 pm

if everyone else can login ok, he's sandbagging it... id demand a refund on my league payment and quit if he does that.
j2the3rd
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Paladyr » Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:17 pm

isn't there an option for forgetting your password? He's definitely playing dirty here.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Make a statement

Postby Guest too » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:05 pm

Have everyone make a statement and drop all their players.

Crooked Commissioners suck.
Guest too

Postby veritasdefender » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:19 pm

ever seen deliverance? you should get burt reynolds to call the commish and talk to him about it...

edited for your convienence :-)
veritasdefender
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Dec 05, 2003 4:01 pm

that is all right, our commish jsut cut fred taylor in favor of andre davis, and theteam that has priest and ahman green just got him. so now he can play all three ...
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TTTBone » Fri Dec 05, 2003 6:54 pm

Maybe, according to your commish, these trades can't be made in the virtual world, but these are legit transactions, and have to go through, regardless of his "logon" problems. I submit that if he can't access his account, the trades go through none the less. Working the numbers on paper works just as well as working them online; in fact, in a time long, long ago, this is how fantasy football was actually done; scores were computed manually on that substrate referred to in the ancient texts as "paper". Weird as it may seem, this system does still seem to work, and perhaps you can convince the other owners to give it a try. With 10 trades pending, it seems the commish is playing games here, and you may need to find a way to bypass him. "Can't access my account" is a lame excuse. Just a thought. Although I realize this would throw the whole league into disarray and controversy, with 10 trades pending and not going through, where are you at now?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Re: Commishioner QUIT

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 05, 2003 7:40 pm

Anonymous wrote:OK guys, our Commish is in 1st place...theres about 10 pending trades in the league...all of which have gone well past the waiting period...and he's just not approving them...says he cant log onto his account, we think he's trying to hold off on these trades because the guy he's playing this week is picking up a stud RB and could knock him out of the 1st place spot...what can we do?

As commissioner of my league I would say that seeing as the waiting period has gone by and it is due to his being unable to access his account. :-? That the trades have not been approved all trades should be approved and let the games continue. Next season I would suggest voting in a new commissioner.
WolfPack
Dream League Commissioner

P.S. I run my by the old way of using paper and pen. It's worked well for 7 seasons. No worries about pc crashing or locking up.
GOOD LUCK

Postby Azrael » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:52 am

TTTBone wrote: I submit that if he can't access his account, the trades go through none the less. Working the numbers on paper works just as well as working them online; in fact, in a time long, long ago, this is how fantasy football was actually done; scores were computed manually on that substrate referred to in the ancient texts as "paper". Weird as it may seem, this system does still seem to work, and perhaps you can convince the other owners to give it a try. ?

I agree with this. Take a vote from the other players and if majority agrees that the trades should go through, you should all demand that the "real scores" with traded players in effect be kept on paper if the commish cannot log in *cough* BullS&#@ *cough*.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Return to Football Talk