Is this trade collusion or fraud? Need to squash our issue!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Is this trade collusion or fraud? Need to squash our issue!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is this trade collusion or fraud? Need to squash our issue!!

Postby tspope99 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:14 pm

Hey all,

We have a big dilemma in our money league (all personal friends) which we need to have straightened out ASAP. I will try to lay the situation out as simple as possible and without describing the 2 parties involved. All feedback would be much much appreciated.

Here's the situation our 12 team, 1 player keeper league faces now in week 11:

Team 1 (2nd place, 8-2) originally traded his Jackie Battle and Owen Daniels to Team 2 (12th and last place, 1-9 record) for Jimmy Graham.

Only 2 people in the league really made a stink over it but it was enough to have that trade revoked.

Team 1 (again, 2nd place, 8-2) comes back with Jackie Battle and Matthew Stafford to Team 2 (12th and last place, 1-9 record) for Jimmy Graham.

This trade is now pending league vote.

Here's my question to you all: Considering the original trade proposition which was rejected and also factoring in Team 2's last place (and mathematically out of playoffs) positioning, does the new trade being made appear to be legitimate and in good honest faith or should there be a case made for collusion/fraudulent intent.

Thanks!
tspope99
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Is this trade collusion or fraud? Need to squash our iss

Postby bigmck » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:00 pm

tspope99 wrote:Hey all,

We have a big dilemma in our money league (all personal friends) which we need to have straightened out ASAP. I will try to lay the situation out as simple as possible and without describing the 2 parties involved. All feedback would be much much appreciated.

Here's the situation our 12 team, 1 player keeper league faces now in week 11:

Team 1 (2nd place, 8-2) originally traded his Jackie Battle and Owen Daniels to Team 2 (12th and last place, 1-9 record) for Jimmy Graham.

Only 2 people in the league really made a stink over it but it was enough to have that trade revoked.Team 1 (again, 2nd place, 8-2) comes back with Jackie Battle and Matthew Stafford to Team 2 (12th and last place, 1-9 record) for Jimmy Graham.

This trade is now pending league vote.

Here's my question to you all: Considering the original trade proposition which was rejected and also factoring in Team 2's last place (and mathematically out of playoffs) positioning, does the new trade being made appear to be legitimate and in good honest faith or should there be a case made for collusion/fraudulent intent.

Thanks!

You allow two veto votes to overturn a trade? I am surprised you ever have a trade. Ask the two trade parties what you are asking us. That will get your answer.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby MPappadato » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:52 pm

Both trades are fair
MPappadato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby OMGKennyBritt » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:10 pm

Who are the RBs/WRs and the QB of the 2nd place team? If both Battle and Stafford are essentially useless to this team (not typically started), it smells like collusion. Also, if the last place team had a chance at the playoffs, do you think they would accept this trade based on the team that they have? If the answer is no, this is sketchy.
OMGKennyBritt
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby h8ed-on-me » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:28 pm

I don't find any reason for the League Manager to interfere with any other those trades. They are not lopsided enough for the commish to be involved. These are trades that the league should handle within itself. Too often do I see LMs getting involved in matters that should be handled by the league. LMs have to learn how to allow the owners to govern themselves (unless it is an extreme case). The league itself should handle all questionable trades. Unless it is obviously a one sided deal like Brady for Matt Moore then the league handles it themselves. This will built your league and make is more competitive as the years go on. I just hope that vetoes need more that 2 votes.
h8ed-on-me
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Commissioner's Corner