Ethics Question, really really really need help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Ethics Question, really really really need help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ethics Question, really really really need help

Postby illad3lph » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:27 am

I really could use as many opinions as possible. I am in a 12 team PPR Dynasty league and the most one-sided trade went down.

Team 1 gave up:
Darren McFadden
Maurice Jones-Drew
Larry Fitzgerald
Owen Daniels
Chris Ivory
2013 2nd round pick

Team 2 gave up:
Frank Gore
Willis McGahee
Steve Johnson
Ed Dickson
2013 1st round pick

Now Team 1 is 4-6 and out of the playoffs, and Team 2 is 5-5 but still has a playoff chance due to tiebreakers and his conference. We were not all friends going into this league, but these two were, and they work together. There is no technical proof of collusion but seriously, who would make this trade. I, along with others, feel that this ruins the integrity of the league and want it reversed. Normally, every trade is accepted, even if lopsided but this I think goes well beyond that and with the circumstance listed above, and the fact that it is dynasty league makes me think they cheated/colluded. What do you guys think of the trade and what would you do?

Please help me out. Thank you.
illad3lph
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ethics Question, really really really need help

Postby bigmck » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:54 am

illad3lph wrote:I really could use as many opinions as possible. I am in a 12 team PPR Dynasty league and the most one-sided trade went down.

Normally, every trade is accepted, even if lopsided but this I think goes well beyond that and with the circumstance listed above, and the fact that it is dynasty league makes me think they cheated/colluded. What do you guys think of the trade and what would you do?

If you have nothing in your rules about vetoing trades, you are out of luck. You can't decided to veto this one. == If you do have a veto rule and can prove collusion, then veto it. Don't veto it just because you think it is unfair. Stupid trades are made all the time.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chargersdiehard » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:03 pm

If your league has a history of allowing virtually all trades to go through it would be hard to now try to veto this one. I think that every fan has at one time or another questioned a trade my in the NFL and Fantasy Football brings us the same type of issues. However, like the real NFL there is nothing that can be done about it unless you can prove collusion.
chargersdiehard
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:34 pm

illad3lph wrote:I really could use as many opinions as possible. I am in a 12 team PPR Dynasty league and the most one-sided trade went down.

Team 1 gave up:
Darren McFadden
Maurice Jones-Drew
Larry Fitzgerald
Owen Daniels
Chris Ivory
2013 2nd round pick

Team 2 gave up:
Frank Gore
Willis McGahee
Steve Johnson
Ed Dickson
2013 1st round pick

Now Team 1 is 4-6 and out of the playoffs, and Team 2 is 5-5 but still has a playoff chance due to tiebreakers and his conference. We were not all friends going into this league, but these two were, and they work together. There is no technical proof of collusion but seriously, who would make this trade. I, along with others, feel that this ruins the integrity of the league and want it reversed. Normally, every trade is accepted, even if lopsided but this I think goes well beyond that and with the circumstance listed above, and the fact that it is dynasty league makes me think they cheated/colluded. What do you guys think of the trade and what would you do?

well, it's not a money league with more enforceable regulations, normally every even lopsided trades are accepted, and there's no proof of collusion. Unfortunately, that sounds like a league to leave, unless you can look past your concerns. :-/
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby MPappadato » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:40 pm

How many do you keep? Where are the players kept?

You did not provide enough info
MPappadato
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)

Postby bigmck » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:07 pm

MPappadato wrote:How many do you keep? Where are the players kept?

I personally keep all of my players in the spare bedroom..........
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner