Should I start Desean Jackson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Should I start Desean Jackson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I start Desean Jackson?

Postby jasonquinn1992 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:58 pm

Should I start Desean Jackson at my WR3 instead of Robinson since Maclin is out?

Should I start Frank Gore since he is banged up? Or should I sit Gore for Robinson or Williams at my flex spot?

My Current Team:
Carson Palmer
Demarco Murray
Maurice Jones-Drew
Frank Gore (Questionable, Should I play him if he starts) (W/R)
Aquan Boldin
Laurent Robinson
Bandon Pettigrew
Cowboys D/ST
Mason Crosby
BENCH
Ben Roethlisberger (BYE)
Jon Stewart
Eric Decker
AJ Green (Doubtful; will play him if he starts)
Saints D/ST
DeSean Jackson
Damian Williams
Frank Gore (Questionable, Should I play him if he starts)
jasonquinn1992
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I start Desean Jackson?

Postby RedBirdChica » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Tough choices. The positive here is that you're afforded the luxury of having several good options. Hard to predict how things are going to pan out. Sunday's fantasy outcomes don't always follow Saturday's logic.

That being said, I think that you keep Robinson as your number 2 ... which is a close call with Jackson. VY will likely try to force the ball to him .. which can either lead to a circus play for ridiculous fantasy booty or a pick six for the defense. Robinson is a safer play. The downside with him lies with the distinct possibility that Dallas goes up by a few scores and then runs the ball for the entire second half. That scenario does not bode well for a receiver who has THREE targets last week - granted, two of them were in the back of the endzone. He has obvious chemistry with Romo. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Miles Austin is at full speed.

If Gore plays, slide him into your flex. If he looks shaky in pregame warmups, substitute DJax into your line up. It's reasonable to be speculative regarding Gore's contribution (if they take control early) since they have only a short break before they face a tough defense in Baltimore on Thursday. The 9ers want to keep their star back fresh. They know they're playoff bound and Kendall Hunter has been a worthy complement to spell their injury prone workhorse.

Good luck!
Take a look at my lineup quandaries of the week?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=508924
RedBirdChica
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Response Team
(Past Year: 44)

Re: Should I start Desean Jackson?

Postby hangloos » Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:22 pm

[quote="jasonquinn1992"]Should I start Desean Jackson at my WR3 instead of Robinson since Maclin is out?

Should I start Frank Gore since he is banged up? Or should I sit Gore for Robinson or Williams at my flex spot?

Ummm. I would start Robinson as your WR3. He is the safer option than Djax, who have not produced the past few weeks. As for flex, if Gore is starting, I would use him. I think half a game of him is still safer than Djax. But if you have to take a risk, Djax could have a monster game with Maclin out (but i think Celek will have a good game not Djax).

Please help me. viewtopic.php?t=508781
hangloos
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Return to Who to Start/Bench