The NFL is soooooooooooooo much better than the NBA . - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The NFL is soooooooooooooo much better than the NBA .

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:13 am

Basketball was never as good as football, but what sport is?
It's funny but for me basketball started it's fade when they started playing more like football. They let the players play a tough physical game that has led to player who either are slasher/dunkers or brutes. The problem is that they don't know how to shoot the mid range jumper, mostly because they allow so much contact. Makes for a great Sportscenter highlight of dunks, but there is way too much ugly ball out there. i can't bear to watch most games because it is too revolting.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby arrbez » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:53 am

the biggest problem i have with basketball is how it seems to rely almost entirely on star players. in football or hockey, a team can win with hard work, good defense, and playing a system, while not necessarily having many big offensive stars (dallas cowboys, minnesota wild, etc). in basketball, no matter how disciplined everyone on your team plays, the spurs or lakers are always gonna win the championship because nobody can stop shaq and duncan.
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:53 am

brdmaverick wrote:The NFL is so much better than the NBA that they don't even deserved to be compared.

That just about sums it up .
Great defense is good to watch in football , but it makes for garbage basketball . And at some point in the 90s , NBA teams stopped teaching players how to shoot .

NBA :-t
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:00 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:I think the greatest thing about football is the infrequency of games. Baseball has 162 games, Basketball has 82, and Football just 16. I assume Hockey is around the same as BBall.

During their respective seasons, I can turn on TBS/TNT or ESPN and easily find a game of baseball or basketball. There's so much of it that it's sickening. However, I eagerly await Sunday every week. Anticipation.

agreed!! being a canadian, hockey is shoved down our throats just like baseball/football to my southern neighbours, but I remember as a kid, there was the big wed nite hockey game and the sat nite game thats it, wed nite (school night) I got to stay up for the first period (exciting stuff) and on saturdays I got to watch the game untill I fell asleep. Something has really been lost with all these sports networks (which is great) showing a hockey game per night,,,,too much,,,Football is what hockey was for me as a young cdn boy.
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby arrbez » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:41 pm

guess what tonight is :-)

hockey night in canada...yeah...
It doesn't need to be in good taste, so long as it tastes good
arrbez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:35 pm

Don't you guys think you are a little biased? I am sure if you would ask a basketball fan they would say the opposite. I do agree that football is way better though.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby zombiez » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:33 pm

I have always liked both, but by far football alot better.....the problem with the NBA is there is always one or two teams that are way better then the rest, its just so unfair that the Lakers can have a starting lineup like they have, after watching them play a couple of times this year, makes you not even wanna watch the rest of the season, because the rest of the league doesn't stand a chance,,,....college B Ball is better, gotta love the Tar Heels being undeafted ;-D
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Football Newbie » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:37 am

Zombiez wrote:college B Ball is better, gotta love the Tar Heels being undeafted ;-D

Boo, go kentucky wildcats :p
Football Newbie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bolts801 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:45 am

I hope, I dream .. I ponder the thought..

Someday there will be 18 NFL games. and only 2 pre-season games. They're will be 2 less weeks of injuries in the beginning, and the season will go till the end of January, maybe first week of Feb.. :)

4 damn pre-season games is too much. Give us 19 or 18 games and 1 or 2 preseason.. thats all they need!

I'm saying this because I too love the NFL that much more than NBA, or MLB. Although I DO watch a ton of baseball. I'll take baseball any day over a bunch of "gimme the ball" punks whipping it around.
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Purple_Pride » Sun Dec 07, 2003 10:46 am

Football Newbie wrote:
Zombiez wrote:college B Ball is better, gotta love the Tar Heels being undeafted ;-D

Boo, go kentucky wildcats :p

Alright newbie!!! GO KU!!!!!! ;-D
"When the truth walks away who is gonna stay? Cause the truth about the world is that crime does pay?"

RICHARD
Purple_Pride
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk