Official Kevin Smith Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Official Kevin Smith Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Official Kevin Smith Thread

Postby doomedn00b » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:51 pm

TaDa wrote:Looks like you made the right decision with Morris, with Smith's high ankle sprain and all

Funny, I ended up getting Smith anyways in exchange for Morris from the wire. The fantasy gods are not on my side apparently.
doomedn00b
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GAMETIME03 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:53 pm

tell me about it, i started K Smith over beanie, ahha.
but with Best on reserve and a long week for Smith to recover, he will redeem himself!
GAMETIME03
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:25 pm

In my money league I have been top 3 all year so I get 10th pick in a league where most suck at drafting and simply search the WW by one week wonders. I havent come close on any of the top pickups all year. I'm going to a Blind Bid system next year to make it a little more fair to the top teams who have had injuries.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby GAMETIME03 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:05 am

geeeeeeeeez can this freakking guy get healthy...this guy is BEASTLY in the short time he played in the last two games and out of this world when he played a full game.
GAMETIME03
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:01 pm

...and for 2012:

July 28, 2012 at 1:00 am
Lions RB Kevin Smith makes strong case as Week 1 starter
By Chris McCosky
The Detroit News

Allen Park - Starting at running back for the Lions in Week 1?

How about Kevin Smith.

If you had to pick a frontrunner right now, it would certainly have to be the Lazarus-like Smith, who has picked himself off the scrap heap and emerged as the team's best bet for the season-opener against the Rams.

"He gave us a really big lift in the middle of that season when we had a lot of injuries at the running back position and he's in great shape again," coach Jim Schwartz said. "He's a veteran player and he's always been a very smart player. But you know, we talked a little bit about Matthew (Stafford) being injured his first couple years and the learning process that goes behind that; Kevin had a little bit of that.

"We have a lot of confidence in him and he's made a lot of plays for us. If he's out there, he can run the ball, catch the ball and he can pass-protect."

Smith's biggest asset going into Week 1, though, might be his availability. Mikel Leshoure will begin the season serving a two-game suspension for his two arrests this spring. Jahvid Best is still awaiting clearance for his concussion symptoms.

con't...

more: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2012 ... -1-starter
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Cuffs » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:25 pm

Smith has later-round sleeper potential written all over him for 2012.

People forget that in 2010 he was a popular early round pick poised for a breakout year. Injured that season and didn't come back to close to full steam until last season. Once Smith was activated (helped by Best's injuries, Smith's numbers wound up being pretty remarkable. In 7 regular season games, he had 356 rush yards on 72 carries (4.9 ypc avg), 170 yards on 22(!) receptions, and 7 total TDs (4 rushing/3 receiving). This was skewed by a 201 yard/3 TD game vs. awful Carolina defense. But still, Smith is poised for a good year as the first full year after ACL recovery.

Now Best is looking like a longshot to be cleared anytime soon. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5630/jahvid-best

What does Smith have going for him? Explosive offense? Check. Ability to receive as well as run? Check. Experienced back without too much tread on the tires? Check. I am looking to reach as high as round 7-8 (unless preseason causes his stock to skyrocket) to be sure I get him on the roster. He could have a really excellent year.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Previous

Return to Football Talk