WR and RB Thanksgiving - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

WR and RB Thanksgiving

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR and RB Thanksgiving

Postby robotninja » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:10 am

I am probably over thinking this but I am just going to ask the question. I am partially afraid of just having so many guys going thursday.

WR/TE need 3 of 4

Megatron vs Green Bay Thursday
Vincent Jackson @ Den
Antonio Brown vs KC
Jermichael Finley @ Det Thursday

My problem is that VJax and Finley have been all Boom or Bust and the last 4 weeks Brown has consistantly put up around 10 pts.

RB need 2

Ray Rice vs SF Thursday
Demarcco Murray vs Mia Thursday
Beanie Wells @ Stl
McGahee @ SD
Kevin Smith vs GB Thursday

Rice is probably unbenchable
Murray was human against Was this week without his Fullback, not afraid of Felix
Beanie has a great matchup but honestly has been garbage since the knee injury

McGahee and Smith are probably just not as good as my other options but let me know what you think.

WHIR Happy Turkey Massacre Day!
10 Team Std Scoring No PPR
QB Stafford
RB Spiller
RB Morris
WR Nelson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR/TE Jimmy Graham
Flex Ridley
K and Def by committee
Min and Hartley

Bench
A Brown (pit)
Bernard Pierce
Roy Helu
Bryce Brown
Mark Ingram
Marlon Brown
robotninja
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR and RB Thanksgiving

Postby imissbdawk » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:54 am

even though I think jermichael is overrated, I say pick him vjax and megatron. the lions pack game should be a wild one so I'm sure rodgers will get finley the ball (or throw three tds to jordy). as for runningbacks I say go rice and demarco. those two are in a class of their own out of the rbs you got. demarco should go wild during garbage time to run the clock (I don't think miamis legit, they'll come back to reality on turkey day). hope that helps
imissbdawk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby etl1692 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:24 pm

Definitely go With Mega-tron and V-jax. I say Finley should be benched for Antonio Brown for sure. Especially because I like the defensive matchup. And yes Demarco is your man here. I am a cowboys fan though so keep that in mind. But He has been taring it up and will be a big part of our game thursday agaisnt the Fins. I see Romo and him connecting alot.

Thanks on mine! Finally someone responds! This forum has gotten awful with feedback! Really Appreciate it!
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pl3onner » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:36 pm

Johnson is an obvious must start, V Jackson has too much of an upside to bench for Finley or Brown. Brown has been a consistent 10 point scorer type of receiver and I'd go with him. I don't like Finley that much, and he's not on Rogers radar for the red zone most of the time.

RB you said it, gotta go Ray Rice. Smith may be worth a look but I think you gotta go with the consistent Murray here, he didn't even have that bad of a week last week. Lets wait for Smith and McGahee to really get back on track before putting them in for Murray.

Help? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=509149
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Drift Monkey » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:40 pm

It's a tossup between your boom/bust options. VJax and Finley. I am in the same spot like you said, but I say Finley might be the safer option (can't believe I said that), because Champ will be on VJax.

As for your RBs, I also say Rice is a lock with the Ravens ready to load him with touches. It's between Murray and Smith for your RB2...the safe play is Murray IMO, but Smith could erupt in the Turkey Day game...hard to say.
Week 13

QB - Tim Tebow
WR - Hakeem Nicks
WR - Dez Bryant
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Ryan Mathews
TE - Jermichael Finley
W/R/T - Vincent Jackson
BN - Tony Romo
BN - Julio Jones
BN - Roy Helu
BN - Ben Tate
BN - Kevin Smith
K - Mason Crosby
D - Houston
Drift Monkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Smoakland Hammer » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:46 pm

I like the idea of starting Calvin, VJax, and Finley. It really comes down to the question of starting Brown over Finley, and I don't think you can do that. He's explosive and a integral part of the best offense in football. He could flop because Rodgers spreads it around so much, but my gut tells me to start him.

As for RB I'd start Rice for sure (can't be benched) and D Murray. Murray is a beast. You can't put points on the bench after one bad game. He'll definitely bounce back. I would consider starting Kevin Smith, but I feel like he may have been a one hit wonder. Green Bay D is pretty insane.
Smoakland Hammer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Who to Start/Bench