Flex Spot and RB Help.... 100% WHIR on Every Post... Cheers! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Flex Spot and RB Help.... 100% WHIR on Every Post... Cheers!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Flex Spot and RB Help.... 100% WHIR on Every Post... Cheers!

Postby etl1692 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Main Concerns This Weeks Starters!
:
1. Beanie Wells: I have to sit him because he will hardly get any touches.
2. Jackie Battle hasn't been doing Sh*T, but unfortunately I dont have another RB to replace Wells. Instead of Battle waivers is this... Kevin Smith (RB) vs. GB; Dexter McCluster vs. Pit; Toby Gehart vs. Atl (AP is hurt)
3. Flex Spot Start? Plaxico is always a huge target in the endzone and against the Bills Defense (divison game); Denarious Moore is hit or miss and against the Bears defense; Torrey Smith has looked pretty good from time to time and playing this thursday against a hard nosed 49er Defense; Steve Breaston not too hot on against the steelers defense; Fred Davis redskins suck but who knows against seattle.......

Thanks so Much! Leave a Link I will Respond!!!

My Team:
QB: Tony Romo
RB: Beanie Wells ; Fred Jackson
WR: Andre Johnson ; Roddy White ; Mike Wallace
TE: Jason Witten
Flex: Jackie Battle
K: Dan Bailey
BN: Jhavid Best (hurt) (RB) ; Plaxico Burress (WR) ; Denarious Moore (WR) ; Torrey Smith (WR) ; Steve Breaston (WR); Fred Davis

League: 10 teams, H2H,

OFFense
Passing Yards.....25 yards pp ; Pass TD's.....4 ; Int's.....-1 ; Rushing YD's.....10 yards pp ; Rushing TD's....6 ; Receptions.....1 ; Reception Yards....10 yards pp ; Reception TD's.....6 ; Return TD's....6 ; 2-Point Conversions.....2 ; Fumbles Lost....... -2 ; Offensive Fumble Return TD.....6
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Flex Spot and RB Help.... 100% WHIR on Every Post... Che

Postby robotninja » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:02 pm

I would leave Beanie in and put Plaxico/Smith at flex.

I know Beanie has been horrible since the knee injury but he has had tough matchups at the same time. He is still getting the touches and I would bet he puts up a decent game against Stl. Maybe not RB2 worthy but flex worthy and better than the WW options.

Flex spot is based all on homerun ability. Either one of those guys is probably going to be boom or bust so I would lean towards Plax because of the matchup like you said.

Help on mine

viewtopic.php?t=509091
10 Team Std Scoring No PPR
QB Stafford
RB Spiller
RB Morris
WR Nelson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR/TE Jimmy Graham
Flex Ridley
K and Def by committee
Min and Hartley

Bench
A Brown (pit)
Bernard Pierce
Roy Helu
Bryce Brown
Mark Ingram
Marlon Brown
robotninja
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pl3onner » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:34 pm

I'd go with Smith instead of Beanie Wells. GB is actually pretty miserable at stopping the run. At the Flex I'd have to go with Plax. Def worth a touchdown, look how the Bills d did last week. D Moore is probably going to be inconsistent as a rookie, and Breaston just doesn't have a good QB anymore (maybe Orton soon to come? I think I might say Torrey Smith if it was any other defense besides the 49ers. They're offense-embarrassingly good this year.

help? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=509149
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Drift Monkey » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:44 pm

I'd drop someone (Breaston) for Kevin Smith for sure, and play him over Beanie (or with, if FJax can't go). I like Torrey for the flex, SF's secondary is beatable.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=509079
Last edited by Drift Monkey on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Week 13

QB - Tim Tebow
WR - Hakeem Nicks
WR - Dez Bryant
RB - Ray Rice
RB - Ryan Mathews
TE - Jermichael Finley
W/R/T - Vincent Jackson
BN - Tony Romo
BN - Julio Jones
BN - Roy Helu
BN - Ben Tate
BN - Kevin Smith
K - Mason Crosby
D - Houston
Drift Monkey
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Team Gooch » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:01 pm

I agree with dropping Breaston for Kevin Smith. But, I would stick with Beanie Wells against the Rams. They have the worst rushing defense in the league. At flex I would go with Plaxico. Like you said, he's a big target and gets the redzone looks. If not Plaxico, I would maybe take a chance on Kevin Smith if you can get him but Im just not sold on him yet after 1 big game.

help
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=509123
Team Gooch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

Postby curtk » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:16 pm

Thanks for the help with mine.

I agree with adding Kevin Smith, although I think this week will be a tough matchup for him. GB isn't that bad against the run, but their opponents usually have to abandon it early to keep up. Plus, after last week, GB will key on him. I added him mostly for future weeks. However, I think he's your best option at RB. He can get some targets in the passing game, too. I'd drop Breaston for him. I had considered adding Beanie, but he's still healing and his carries might be limited. If you could wait until Sunday to hear that Beanie is doing ok, that'd make it different, but Smith plays Thursday, so you'll have to decide early. I'd rank your RB options: Jackson, Smith, Wells, Battle.

For your flex, I prefer your WRs in the flex spot, in this order: Moore, Smith, Plax. Moore and Smith are both "homerun hitters" and Moore has a slightly better matchup. Plus, with DHB's and Ford's injuries, he looks to get plenty of targets.

Hope this helps!
curtk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 9)

Postby dawson94 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:16 pm

Beanie has a fantastic matchup and is the only legit rb in AZ. Then I'd gamble between Plax and Moore, I would go Plax but it's your call.
dawson94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 33)

Return to Who to Start/Bench