Major Flex Decision - WHIR 100% - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Major Flex Decision - WHIR 100%

Moderator: Football Moderators

Major Flex Decision - WHIR 100%

Postby Pl3onner » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:25 pm

So at RB I'm starting Turner, and I think Mendenhall will have a big game against Kansas City, but I can be persuaded out of starting him as he's been really inconsistent this year.

At WR I'm starting Jordy Nelson and Jennings. I know this is weird, but they really are both must starts right now. Jordy is scoring more points, and I can't justify benching Jennings. I can also be persuaded out of this. Here is my bench:

Darren Sproles vs NYG
Kevin Smith vs GB (Hopefully - not sure yet but I probably got him first on wavers)
Victor Cruz @ NO
A.J. Green vs CLE
Dez Bryant vs MIA
Julio Jones vs MIN

I'm actually leaning towards Victor Cruz. A.J. Green looks pretty sweet too as long as I know that he'll definitely be 100% to play. But maybe I should lean towards a RB? Sproles kind of plays like a receiver anyway...

Standard scoring non-ppr, WHIR 100% as always
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Major Flex Decision - WHIR 100%

Postby etl1692 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:49 pm

Wow tough one here but dont forget about Dez Bryant! Against the Fins on Thanksgiving, Miles Austin is out, Dez is the focus and cowboys running game is back meaning its gonna be tough to play both run and pass offense, not to mention Romo has been on fire! Sproles isn't a bad choice but I dont know what to expect from him against the Giants. A.J. Green is solid but may not be 100%. Julio Jones hit or miss really. Victor Cruz is a great player to watch as he makes some un believable catches. I think its up to Dez and Cruz. I pick Dez but Im a Cowboys fan ;)

Thanks on mine. Lets keep this Forum Moving!! So many people posting so little responses!
etl1692
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby choda57 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:59 pm

stick with what you have unless its a PPR league...if so, I go with Sproles over Mendy.
choda57
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Pl3onner » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:15 pm

choda57 wrote:stick with what you have unless its a PPR league...if so, I go with Sproles over Mendy.

Thanks but I was asking for flex help, hence the title, and I said non ppr. wanna try again?
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Pl3onner » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:23 pm

etl1692 wrote:Wow tough one here but dont forget about Dez Bryant! Against the Fins on Thanksgiving, Miles Austin is out, Dez is the focus and cowboys running game is back meaning its gonna be tough to play both run and pass offense, not to mention Romo has been on fire! Sproles isn't a bad choice but I dont know what to expect from him against the Giants. A.J. Green is solid but may not be 100%. Julio Jones hit or miss really. Victor Cruz is a great player to watch as he makes some un believable catches. I think its up to Dez and Cruz. I pick Dez but Im a Cowboys fan ;)

Thanks on mine. Lets keep this Forum Moving!! So many people posting so little responses!

Thanks man, I appreciate the personal response. I like this forum a lot too, look how many posts we have this season haha. Def a better fantasy guy because of it, looking at playoffs in 3 leagues right now 8) pretty good for a first year huh?

I actually was debating whether or not to start cruz or dez last week. I settled on dez, he wasn't a bad choice but cruz did outscore him. My worry with dez is that ill never get a huge week from him, romo doesn't seem to "love" throwing to him, esp in the second half. He's also playing Thursday and id like to hear more about green before I commit. I agree though that I don't know how the new orleans vs nyg matchup is gonna go down, and its kind of driving me nuts haha.

Good luck to your cowboys. I'm routing for them in the nfc east, a very fun team to watch. I'm also a pats fan so I can enjoy an NYG beatdown almost as much as you :)
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Team Gooch » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:41 pm

AJ Green and Julio Jones are still uncertain for week 12 so they are out of the picture. That leaves Smith, Sproles, Bryant, & Cruz. I would hold off on Smith this week just to make sure last week wasnt a 1 week wonder. The Saints need to get Sproles the ball more but thats hard to do with so many offensive weapons. Cruz has been great but I think with the Saints coming off their bye week and having that extra week to prepare, they may be able to slow down the Giants passing game this week. That leaves Dez. He's been putting up good numbers these last few weeks and I think he will have a great game Thursday against the Dolphins. Like etl mentioned in his post, the Cowboys got a running game again and Laurent Robinson is putting up good numbers in place of Miles Austin which has been taking pressure off of Dez. I'd go with Dez and Im not a Cowboys fan.

help
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=509123
Team Gooch
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)

Postby Smoakland Hammer » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:53 pm

I go Smith if you got him. He's gonna have way more opportunity to score. If you didn't get him go with Cruz.
Smoakland Hammer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Who to Start/Bench