Kyle Orton - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kyle Orton

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kyle Orton

Postby joejlitz » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:58 am

I think he can help some football teams stay competitive, but I REALLY think he can help some fantasy WRs. He may not pop for 350 and 3 TDs like he did early last year, but if he can go for 250 and 2 over the next few weeks (whenever/wherever he gets signed) I think he can help in order:

1) Garcon and Wayne
2) Dwayne Bowe and Steve Breaston
3) Earl Bennett

It just depends on where he lands.

Hopefully, IND doesn't claim him because I've got Bowe on my team!!! :-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kyle Orton

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:14 pm

I actually just came here to post something identical. I think he almost certainly will get claimed, so ironically enough, getting cut by Denver will do wonders for his value (especially given that right now I'm starting Ponder).

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:39 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I actually just came here to post something identical. I think he almost certainly will get claimed, so ironically enough, getting cut by Denver will do wonders for his value (especially given that right now I'm starting Ponder).

Yeah - I just picked him up in one league.

I don't think IND has any incentive to sign him, so I think it will come down to KC or CHI.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Apoplectic » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:23 pm

joejlitz wrote:I don't think IND has any incentive to sign him, so I think it will come down to KC or CHI.

I disagree, I think IND has the most incentive to sign him. They went from being contenders almost every year to being 0-10 after Manning got hurt. Just for morale's sake I think they'd pick him up and pray he gets them a win or two.

Also I hope he does go there, might give me a reason to pull Garcon off my bench B-) .
Apoplectic
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)

Postby rotoquest » Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:18 pm

I hope this saves Bowe's fantasy value this year.
rotoquest
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigmck » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:06 pm

Apoplectic wrote:
joejlitz wrote:I don't think IND has any incentive to sign him, so I think it will come down to KC or CHI.

I disagree, I think IND has the most incentive to sign him. They went from being contenders almost every year to being 0-10 after Manning got hurt. Just for morale's sake I think they'd pick him up and pray he gets them a win or two.

Also I hope he does go there, might give me a reason to pull Garcon off my bench B-) .

The management of Indy wants the first draft pick. not a few games won.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

Postby bayside » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:43 am

Apoplectic wrote:

you are pretty naive if you think the INF FO cares one bit about wining a couple games for morale's sake
bayside
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Any idea if he'll start next week?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:12 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Any idea if he'll start next week?

Nothing official, but I would bet money on it.

Rotoworld: Chiefs coach Todd Haley said Monday that Kyle Orton will "work into" some first-team reps at practice this week, but that "Tyler (Palko) is the starter" at quarterback. It's doubtful Haley is telling the truth, but at least publicly he's sticking with the quarterback who's committed seven turnovers while leading the Chiefs to only 12 points the past two weeks. It's hard to believe the Chiefs' offense, which has produced just one touchdown in its past four games, could be too complicated for Orton to learn in one week, but that's what Haley seems to be suggesting. Orton remains the favorite to start in Week 13.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby mattb47 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:34 pm

From what I saw I think Kyle Orton who only knows a limited amount of the offense is going to be much better than Tyler Palko. Some of those throws he made just boggled my mind...I mean I could have swore that he was TRYING to throw to the Steelers on a couple of those interceptions. He just looked downright awful to me and I doubt Orton could be much worse.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk