Better To Be Lucky Than Good..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Better To Be Lucky Than Good.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Better To Be Lucky Than Good.....

Postby Mr.Joshua » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:55 pm

So my draft day went extremely well WR wise. Lost Britt early but was trying to move one of my remaining guys below for a rb upgrade. The only real offer I could find was my Fitz for his Fred Jackson. I can only start 3 wr's so when I finially sent the deal over for him to accept, he changed his mind and pulled out. If he had sent it for me to accept, it would have been a done deal, he proposed it over the phone. Now Jackson is on IR....crazy game we play....
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 231)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Better To Be Lucky Than Good.....

Postby DraftDodger » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:50 am

Well I'd rather be good and lucky but yeah, I have to agree. My first season playing I naively accepted a "bad" trade because I was stacked at RB and my kicker and TE weren't doing anything. A couple weeks later, that #1 RB I traded for went out for the season, and the kicker and TE the guy traded me outright won me like half of my games and carried me into the playoffs. In retrospect, it probably would've been a good trade even if my RB hadn't gone on IR, but at the time it looked really bad. The commish received several complaints, and I received some angry emails speculating whether I was an idiot or a cheater. My kicker and TE knocked a couple of those guys out of the running for the playoffs ;)
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk