[WHIR]Pick 2. A. Johnson, V. Cruz and B. Marshall - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

[WHIR]Pick 2. A. Johnson, V. Cruz and B. Marshall

Moderator: Football Moderators

[WHIR]Pick 2. A. Johnson, V. Cruz and B. Marshall

Postby hangloos » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:47 pm

I am obviously starting C. Johnson, but A. Johnson is cleared to play so I have a decision to make.
Which 2 WRs should I start?

A. Johnson @ JAX: Normally a must start WR regardless of matchup, but it is his first game back with Matt Leinart under the center so a bit worried. Jax D is also relatively stingy against the pass. Hou may also just run all day with Matt starting.

V. Cruz @ NO: He has bee very productive the past 4-5 weeks and has scored 3 times in the same span. I actually benched him last week for B. Jacobs but I manage to squeeze out a win. This games reeks of a shoot out, but would it be V. Cruz again or healthier Nicks or Manningham who produces?

B. Marshall @ DAL: Surprisingly enough, Marshall has been more productive with Moore under the center. He did lay an egg last week, but he is still being heavily targeted by Moore, and you figure that MIA would have to throw some to stay close to DAL. I do have R. Bush as my RB if that sways your decision.

Leave a link. Will help with yours.

===========================================
Rules:
14 Players. 14 Teams (RB/WR: 0.5p per Rec, 1p per 10 Yards, 6p for TDs, QB: 1p per 25 Yards, 4p for TDs)
=Lineup(1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DST)=
QB: P. Rivers
RB: J. Best, M. Lynch, R. Bush, B. Jacobs
WR: C. Johnson, A. Johnson, B. Marshall, V. Cruz, E. Decker
TE: T. Gonzalez
K: N. Novak
DST: NYG, NE
hangloos
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Re: [WHIR]Pick 2. A. Johnson, V. Cruz and B. Marshall

Postby jay0582 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:13 am

its hard not to start andre since hes back, but with your other options i would actually sit him one more week and see how it pans out. I was going to say cruz until i looked at his numbers and see how amazingly consistent he has been and with a good amount of upside as well the guy has only had less then 14 points one time in the last 8 weeks.. and marshall has been a pretty safe play with the exception of last week.. the only way i would say to start andre over marshall is if you are an underdog this week by like 15 or more points... then atleast you got a chance if he comes back guns a blazin... but yea, i would pick cruz definitely.. and marshall , thanks for the help with mine
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby JMTrio » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:26 am

I'd start Johnson and Cruz.

viewtopic.php?t=509356 help with mine?
JMTrio
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dragon63 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:03 am

I like Cruz and Marchall.

I really would like to see what A. Johnson does before I would start him. Heck he might only be on the field for half of the snaps. I wouldn't risk it.
Dragon63
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ATLbraves » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:04 am

jay0582 wrote:its hard not to start andre since hes back, but with your other options i would actually sit him one more week and see how it pans out. I was going to say cruz until i looked at his numbers and see how amazingly consistent he has been and with a good amount of upside as well the guy has only had less then 14 points one time in the last 8 weeks.. and marshall has been a pretty safe play with the exception of last week.. the only way i would say to start andre over marshall is if you are an underdog this week by like 15 or more points... then atleast you got a chance if he comes back guns a blazin... but yea, i would pick cruz definitely.. and marshall , thanks for the help with mine

Completely agree with this opinion. I think you can afford to sit Andre one more week since you have such good options here. But if you are a big underdog, I can understand why you would want to start Andre since he has the most upside.

thanks for the help with mine.
ATLbraves
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joheshy55 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:06 am

cruz and AJ aj must start when healthy.
joheshy55
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby omikron » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:31 am

I would go with Marshall and Cruz, who have both been putting up huge points consistently. I would sit AJ one week as a precaution just to make sure everything is alright, and if he does well then he is an auto-start from now on.
omikron
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby suncowiam » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:46 am

jay0582 wrote:its hard not to start andre since hes back, but with your other options i would actually sit him one more week and see how it pans out. I was going to say cruz until i looked at his numbers and see how amazingly consistent he has been and with a good amount of upside as well the guy has only had less then 14 points one time in the last 8 weeks.. and marshall has been a pretty safe play with the exception of last week.. the only way i would say to start andre over marshall is if you are an underdog this week by like 15 or more points... then atleast you got a chance if he comes back guns a blazin... but yea, i would pick cruz definitely.. and marshall , thanks for the help with mine

i totally agree with this post. cruz and marshall for most of the same reasons.
Standard Y*h**. 10 Person, 0.5 ppr
QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, D
QB: T Romo
WR: M Wallace, D Bowe, K Britt
RB: D McFadden, MJD
TE: A Hernandez
K: D Akers
D: SF
Bench: T Hightower, J Maclin, AJ Green, J Knox, F Davis (TE/WAS), R Fitzpatrick, DAL
suncowiam
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby joheshy55 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:53 am

joheshy55
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tsbk00069 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:23 am

If it's a PPR league then there's no way you can sit Marshall, Johnson I think I would have to go with. I know everyone is worried about it being the first game back but they definitely didn't rush him back and him on an off week would be almost the same as cruz.
Marshall and Johnson
tsbk00069
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Who to Start/Bench