cant decide..k smith , blount, or lynch... whir, help me yo! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

cant decide..k smith , blount, or lynch... whir, help me yo!

Moderator: Football Moderators

cant decide..k smith , blount, or lynch... whir, help me yo!

Postby jay0582 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:54 pm

having a hard time deciding who to start at flex.... i feel like i could miss a big game by one of these guys if i make the wrong choice.. ppr league, should i start kevin smith vs green bay - 43 points in his first start, last week... bount vs tennesee 18 points last week... or marshawn lynch vs washington..16 points last week plus more then 20 in his prev two games, has 1 td the last 6 games... but hes still marshawn lynch haha..im leaning towards smith because of the upside... what do you think..

ppr...smith, blount, or lynch.. cant decide

definitely will help in return if you post your link , looking for input from as many people as possible
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: cant decide..k smith , blount, or lynch... whir, help me

Postby hangloos » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:01 am

jay0582 wrote:having a hard time deciding who to start at flex.... i feel like i could miss a big game by one of these guys if i make the wrong choice.. ppr league, should i start kevin smith vs green bay - 43 points in his first start, last week... bount vs tennesee 18 points last week... or marshawn lynch vs washington..16 points last week plus more then 20 in his prev two games, has 1 td the last 6 games... but hes still marshawn lynch haha..im leaning towards smith because of the upside... what do you think..

ppr...smith, blount, or lynch.. cant decide

definitely will help in return if you post your link , looking for input from as many people as possible

I would still start Lynch since he is the one with the guaranteed touches with proven production. Yes, his yards per carries sucks but he is the goal line back (scored a TD the past 4 games I thiink). K. Smith was a monster but it was against CAR so I would take it with a grain of salt. Looked good though. I would maybe consider K. Smith because of his upside, but not Blount. His floor is too low for to take the risk (ie if they play of behind, Blount is never involved).

Help me please. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=509353
hangloos
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy Expert

Postby JimmyKerrigan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:09 am

All I can say for certain is not Blount. Not in a PPR league. He will be slain by someone doing a 14 catch Roy Helu impression.

I like Smith, mostly because I feel we are going to see something not unlike a game of Madden tomorrow.

Lynch might have a better floor, but I like Kevin Smith's upside. There isn't a ton of new film on him having been gone for so long and he has a chance to pounce on a biiig stage.
JimmyKerrigan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby numb9number » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:54 am

Thanks for the help with mine !

I will rule out Blount in a PPR... Lynch has scored six out of seven.. but hey, as you said, he is still Marshawn Lynch ! The matchup isnt that great either.

If I had a choice, I will run with Kevin SMith... not 3 touchdowns for sure.. but decent yardages, a handful of catches and possibly a TD... hopefully the game turns out as high scoring as it is being hyped.. best of luck!
numb9number
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 9)

Postby SirGrotius » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:04 am

I'm leaning toward Smith now too. I'm in a similar boat and have Blount in my lineup, but Smith may be fun to play this Thanksgiving.

Thanks for your help!
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby bobo37 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:36 am

Def Smith.. I wish I could start him. I missed him on the waiver. He should have a big game along with Nate B.
bobo37
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Pl3onner » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:45 am

Lynch is the safe bet, and Smith is the risky play. How badly do you need to win/how good is the other team? I'm going Lynch with the same dillema in one league but I've already clinched the playoffs. I'd say go Lynch, if you're feeling ca-razy go for Smith. Blount is a risk you don't need to take.

help? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=509266&p=3402497#p3402497
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Who to Start/Bench