DeSean or Victor? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

DeSean or Victor? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

DeSean or Victor? WHIR

Postby JimmyKerrigan » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:32 am

I hate having to make this decision but do I dare bench an inconsistent DeSean Jackson who is playing a generous NE D this week or stick with my man Victor Cruz?

Cruz plays the Saints on Monday night and I have many other Saints (Brees, Colston, Sproles) and I love watching my boys play in primetime. I also love yelling Cruuuuuuuuuuuz at my TV.

Victor is having a better season. DeSean is, duh, explosive like few receivers in the league. But, Vick is hurt, Maclin is hurt, and MeSean never leaves his house without a big target painted on his back.

This is a PPR AND Return Yardage league. (Hence Darren Sproles).

And no, I can not bench another receiver to start both unless you can make a cogent argument against Colston, Steve Smith, Jordy Nelson (playing tomorrow at 9:30am), or Dez Bryant. Dez is the only one I'd also think about benching but he's been showing up recently, and I just acquired Romo as my second QB (we start two).
JimmyKerrigan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: DeSean or Victor? WHIR

Postby jay0582 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:01 am

thats a sick receiving corp you have there... you cant bench cruz... if you go by his average points since breaking out, his yac, his standard deviation ( consistency) and his targets hes basically a top 5 fantasy wr.. top 10 at worst...and the saints are a pretty good match up... that being said, desean against the pats may be the best matchup of the year for him, and even though there are a lot of questions about maclin, and the eagles qbs, theres a ton of upside there...so i say if you want the upside start desean, if you want less risk start colston.. but dont bench cruz

help with mine please? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=509354

edit: and dont bench dez, hes coming into his own down the stretch and should put up a pretty consistent 15-25 a week... so i guess i bench desean and cringe, or bench colston and cringe... tough spot
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby SirGrotius » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:43 am

Cruz. DeSean could have 50 yards and a TD or 15 yards. Cruz is almost guaranteed to score.

Help with mine:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=509376

Thx!
10 rushing yards - 1 pt
10 receiving yards - 1 pt
20 passing yards - 1 pt
All TDs - 6 pts (QBs favored)
SirGrotius
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby rubiks » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:02 am

I'd go with Cruz....

Even with NE terrible secondary I think Cruz is the better play.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=509386
rubiks
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 77)

Postby Pl3onner » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:41 am

Go with Cruz. I could say bench Dez for him this week, not that you should. He's getting better and better and easily more consistent than DeSean. No doubt Victor is the better start here.

Help? viewtopic.php?f=19&t=509266&p=3402497#p3402497
Pl3onner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Who to Start/Bench