Some QB, Flex and DEF help. WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Some QB, Flex and DEF help. WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Some QB, Flex and DEF help. WHIR

Postby crazymike0907 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:22 am

I'm trying to get a first round bye in the playoffs. Right now i'm 1 game out of first place, and the next guy behind me is one game behind me. So obviously I want to win out the rest of the year so I can get that first round bye. So could I have some help guys? I THINK I know who to start for the most part, but just want some more insight from other people. It's a standard league, and as always..WHIR!!

QB: Big Ben Vs. KC and Phillip Rivers Vs. Denver
I'm leaning more towards Ben because Denver is Red hot right now, Rivers is prone to the INT and Ben is coming off of a bye. However, Ben does have some kind of thumb injury, and KC is still somewhat in it, just in a downward spiral. And last week against the Patriots, they rushed Brady quite a bit, so one big hit on ben could knock him out. So who do ya guys think?

DEF: Ravens Vs. 49ers (tonight) or Steelers Vs. KC
It's hard to bench the Ravens considering they are a top 3 defense, but against a tough 49ers team on a short week might be rough. Then again, the 49ers were the ones that had to travel, not Bal. As for Steelers, again they're coming off a bye and KC offensively is just horrible right now. So they could have a big game. Leaning more towards the Steelers, though it's hard to go against the Ravens at home.

Flex: Percy Harvin @ Atlanta, Larry Fitzgerald @ STL, Andre Johnson @ Jacksonville, Nate Washington Vs. TB, Steve Johnson @ NYJ, Ryan Grant @ DET
I know that's a lot of options there, but it is a flex spot lol. I'm pretty sure on starting Harvin and Johnson. Harvin is getting more involved in the offense, and could have an even bigger role with Peterson being out. Fitz has been on fire since Kolb has been sitting, so I can't see sitting him at the moment. So that leaves the remaining four...

A Johnson is just coming off of an injury and is going to be used on a limited basis, so I'm not sure what all he will do. But with the way HOU has been running the ball lately, that may open up the passing game big time. And obviously Johnson is the best receiver on the Texans

S Johnson, and the Bills all together have been a mess lately. And with Johnson nursing a shoulder injury, not putting up many points the past few weeks, and against the Jets, he seems like an easy bench option. However, Johnson is still the Bill's top receiver and last time he was on "Revis Island," he did have 3 catches for 84 yards

N Washington had the biggest game of his year last week, but for the most part hasn't done a whole lot fantasy wise. I'm not sure how the Bucs are defensively, but after a performance like he had last week, can ya sit him?

R Grant: Starts is expected to be out, leaving Grant as the lone starter for Green Bay. Is it safe enough to start though? Lions haven't been great against the run, but with the Packers being such a pass-happy offense, is Grant worth starting??

So what do ya think guys? I know it's a lot of crap to read an people usually don't read the long messages lol, but any help I will definitely appreciate and will help in return. Thanks guys!!
crazymike0907
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Some QB, Flex and DEF help. WHIR

Postby 11stever11 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:32 am

QB: Big Ben
Rivers has been up and down while Denver has been very strong defensively.

DEF: Pittsburgh
The Steelers go against Palko which makes them the better start.

Flex: I am not sure if you need one or two but I will go AJ then Fitz.
I think both are elite WRs and you can not bench either of them.

good luck! ;-D
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby crazymike0907 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:39 am

thanks man, and sorry for the confusion. I just need one position in the flex spot. I have Percy Harvin and Fitzgerald definitely starting at WR and Matt Forte and Lesean Mccoy starting at running back, just wasn't sure who I wanted in the flex spot. Thanks for your help though
crazymike0907
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby crazymike0907 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:07 pm

BUMP
crazymike0907
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby drtodddds » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:33 pm

I'd go
Big Ben
Steelers (KC is horrible)
and AJ (a partially healthy AJ trumps them all.

Help me please!
viewtopic.php?t=509454
drtodddds
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tapionminoshi » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:50 pm

Big Ben, Steelers, AJ, not close.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=509464
10 Team PPR
QB - MStafford(DET)
RB - APeterson(MIN), MForte(CHI), DSproles(NO), BTate(HOU), JBell(DET), LMiller(MIA), SVereen(NE)
WR - DBryant(DAL), TSmith(HOU), JGordon(CLE), EDecker(DEN), JJones(GB)
TE - Gronk(NE)
tapionminoshi
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 43)

Return to Who to Start/Bench