Keeper League Ideas/Rules? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Keeper League Ideas/Rules?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper League Ideas/Rules?

Postby DemonDeacon » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:11 pm

I've been getting a lot of feedback in my league on doing a Keeper and only been in one keeper league, which allowed us to keep ONE player from our team at a first rd price tag. I'm wondering what other rules are out there for keeper league? I'm thinking maybe to keep any player drafted AFTER the 5th or 6th rd at the price tag of a 2nd or 3rd rd pick? Any suggestions of hearing about your keeper rules would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper League Ideas/Rules?

Postby bigmck » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:46 am

I have been running a league for the last two years with a different slant on Keepers. Each owner picks his favorite NFL team and also three Keepers from that team. The rest of the players are picked in the draft from any team.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper League Ideas/Rules?

Postby JackedSierra » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:47 pm

i like the rule of whatever round the player was drafted, if u keep him then u lose 1 round better.. example say you took brady in round 2, to keep him would cost you your 1st round pick. this way no 1st rounders can be kept.. also if you maake a good waiver move, like say how hillis or vick went undrafted last year and you picked him up you only lose your last round pick..

this way seems to work well because you get to value your players. some teams dont have an excellent keeper so it kind of sucks being forced to lose a 1st round pick .

also doing it this way it puts better players back into the draft every year.. because you might have drafted a breakout player in like round 8 - 10 so the value of keeping them for a 7th round pick is better than keeping a tom brady or andre johnson for a 1st round, putting the aj's and tb's back into the draft

when u do this you also set a limit to how many times you can keep the same guy because your obviously going to keep vick for a 20th then a 19th then an 18th and so on and so on.

doing it this way you can set it up for owners to decide how many keepers they want to keep if any at all. some teams might put all their players back if they dont think they are getting good value.. can also set limits.. like first 2 or 3 keepers go by the rules i already stated.. but if you want to keep 4 or more you add 2 rounds instead of 1 to the 4th or more keeper
1 point ppr
stafford, henne
best, deangelo, mccoy, benson, starks
fitzgerald, d-jax, jordy nelson, harvin, hester
gates, gonzalez
rackers
baltimore
JackedSierra
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner