What to do with Vincent Jackson? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

What to do with Vincent Jackson?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What to do with Vincent Jackson?

Postby SexyRexy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:30 am

I tied this week where a win would have clinched a playoff spot for me. Now it comes down to this week....if I win I'm in. I have VJax and Mike Wallace who both really let me down this week. Depending on who I get on the WW this week I'm thinking of benching VJax.

Would you sit VJax for any of these guys?
Spiller (home) vs Ten
Julio Jones (away) vs Hou
Earl Bennett (home) vs KC
Johnny Knox (home) vs KC
DHB (away) vs MIA

Knox and DHB I would have to get on waivers first. Let me know who if anyone you would start over VJax this week and why.

Thanks guys!
Tebow Rushes 4 Your Sins
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 2TE, 1D/ST, 1K
QB: Ryan, Tebow
RB: Forte, Murray, MJD, Spillier (RB/WR), Saine
WR: Wallace, V Jax, Lloyd, Julio Jones, Knox, Tate
TE: Gonzalez, Celek
D/ST: Texans, Bears, Seahawks
K: Crosby
SexyRexy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to do with Vincent Jackson?

Postby SexyRexy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:14 am

bump
Tebow Rushes 4 Your Sins
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 2TE, 1D/ST, 1K
QB: Ryan, Tebow
RB: Forte, Murray, MJD, Spillier (RB/WR), Saine
WR: Wallace, V Jax, Lloyd, Julio Jones, Knox, Tate
TE: Gonzalez, Celek
D/ST: Texans, Bears, Seahawks
K: Crosby
SexyRexy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby SmokyMcNasty » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:51 am

I wouldn't start any of those guys over Vincent Jackson to be honest...

I'm a V-Jax owner and I feel your pain on his terrible games this year. I've wanted to throw my remote at my TV because of games like last week. But then again he's had some games where he singlehandedly won me the game. You don't want to be the guy with V-Jax's 30 points on the bench... and miss the playoffs because of it...

Philips Rivers is to blame really. He is having a terrible year and Gates/V-Jax's numbers are suffering because of it... but you still can't sit him. I haven't benched him all year and many times I've regretted it, but hey.. my record is 10-2 so far this year...

I'd understand if you rather take the safe route and start someone more consistent, but none of those guys you listed are that consistent themselves, and none have the high ceiling that Jackson has.. except Julio Jones, but then again he's more boom-or-bust than Jackson is. Same thing with Knox. If Knox is not catching long bombs, he's getting you nothing. Would you really put your playoff life in the hands of a QB like Hanie? If Knox's final stat line is 1 catch for 20 yards this week, it wouldnt surprise me in the least...

I might think about starting Spiller over V-Jax though.. he's the only RB on the list, and in most cases I'd rather start a RB with 15-20 carries over most WR's..
SmokyMcNasty
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 14)

Postby robotninja » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:07 am

I feel the same way and have Finley as well who has been nearly as frustrating as Finley all season long. I personally have come to the conclusion that depending on matchup I am sitting either Finley or Vjax for Antonio Brown. This week I am starting them both.

This week against Jacksonville I dont think you can bench him. I agree with the above poster that your best option is Julio but coming off an injury and being boom or bust is just as much of a gamble. All of the other options are the same way and none of them has the talent of Vjax. If Rivers would get his damn sh*t together he definitely has the ability to tear up the playoffs.

If no better options come up keep on playing him and hoping. ESPN Fantasy put it best last week "if you bought the ticket you have to deal with the ups and downs of the ride"
10 Team Std Scoring No PPR
QB Stafford
RB Spiller
RB Morris
WR Nelson
WR Reggie Wayne
WR/TE Jimmy Graham
Flex Ridley
K and Def by committee
Min and Hartley

Bench
A Brown (pit)