season on the line, need WR/RB/flex help -- WHIR!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

season on the line, need WR/RB/flex help -- WHIR!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

season on the line, need WR/RB/flex help -- WHIR!!!

Postby sinicalypse » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:32 am

hey guys, this whole season is going to boil down to the next two weeks for me... my team opened the season rolling some dude 150-72, then went on to lose 4 straight (including a heartbreaking ~139-128 loss) and i almost gave up, but then my team kicked into high gear and had a 43 point sunday night football comeback to win 127-123, then proceeded to drop ~140 for three weeks in a row to get to 5-4...but then i forgot to get my kicker back and that was the difference in me losing 129-121 to the #1 team in the league, and then 2 weeks ago i just got beat (this year if i score under 100 it's an automatic loss) and this team vaulted past me to be the #5 team, and now i sit two games out of the #4 spot... and even tho there's a ~97% chance i'm done (the #4 team plays a team with a manager who hasn't played since like week 2 or 3) i've still gotta hustle hard and try.

so basically, i got roy helu on waivers this week which gives me my first legitimate "do i start a RB or WR at the flex position?" problem of the season. i've got some crappy matchups at RB, so this leads me to a world of hurt.

i start two WRs, two RBs, and 1 WR/RB/TE flex spot. here's what i've got

WRs: greg jennings (he's in like flynn for sure), marques colston vs DET (he's 95% likely to be in), percy harvin vs DEN (he was my usual flex guy netting me 10 points a week, even if he didnt score), julio jones vs HOU (the injuries have robbed him after his ~30pt breakout game)

RBs: adrian peterson AND/OR toby gerhart vs DEN (obviously i have AP, but i also got gerhart who gave me 13.30 last week... so i'd go with whoever starts there), steven jackson vs SF (he's had a couple'a bad weeks and playing SF doesn't inspire condifence) and now roy helu vs NYJ (welcome to the squad... he's finally anointed the #1 guy... but the jets, agh!!!)

TEs: antonio gates (mos def starting barring injuury) and then i've got fred davis vs the NYJ (even tho i doubt anyone will have me start him, i'm listing him cuz i COULD start him. there was ~1-2 weeks where i used him AND gates and got ~13/+ points from both of htem)

so yeah. i gotta do two WRs two RBs and a flex... i'm thinking it's pretty obviously jennings and colston at WR, and i'm also thinking that it's pretty obvious i go with steven jackson and then AP if he starts... but then like, if it's gerhart do you slide helu in there and go with harvin at the flex? or even if its gerhart do you trot out three RBs and sit harvin? or is anyone a julio jones lover despite the injuries?

so yeah, even tho this is all likely for naught and i'm even thinking about cutting all of my cutworthy players to mess with the playoffs (the #1 team in the league pulled off a highway robbery, trading with a team out of contention... he gave up romo, victor cruz, and brandon jacobs for drew brees and rob gronkowski. even tho the #1 teams' RB situaton is messed up, cuz he had ~5-6 all season but now he only has demarco murray and ben tate... man, he was down 58 points going into this week's MNF game... but he had brees and jimmy graham, so he ended up winning by ~2-3 points. that's what brees does to him... if i can cut colston, s-jax, helu, julio jones, harvin and some other top players, maybe the other playoff squads can man up and take him out? hmmm

anyways yeah help if you want and post a link to yours and i'll get right on it. sorry about the babble, but this is what happens when i'm bliznaizknowed and gasping for fantasy life at 1:31am.

hollaaaaa

# rodrigo
sinicalypse
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Who to Start/Bench