commissioner changes playoff format last minute - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

commissioner changes playoff format last minute

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby jonkaman » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:10 pm

i'm in need of some feedback and opinion. im in a money league with 12 owners with 2 divisions. only me and one other owner have locked playoff spots. the rest of our league(including our commissioner) is pretty much in the playoff hunt(bunch of 6-6's and 7-5's). now our playoff format starting from predraft until week 13 was top 2 teams in each division make the playoffs so 4/12. i checked the playoff bracket earlier this week and it was set up where 8/12 teams make the playoffs. i talked to the commissioner about how that was too much and he should at most change it to 6/12. but he says to me this is what our whole league wanted. he basically said he's not gonna change it and i can have my money back and leave if i want to. i feel like i just got cheated and done dirty. i want to just leave but i have a solid team and all my effort throughout the season would go down the drain. should i stay? am i overreacting about the playoff format? need advice..
jonkaman
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: commissioner changes playoff format last minute

Postby McDuff » Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:25 am

Have you posted your concerns?
Is that what the league wanted?
If it is then shouldn't you have known already?
How much money you talking here anyway?
This is often a problem with money leagues if you don't know the players and commish
McDuff
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jonkaman » Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:02 am

yes i have posted my concerns, it is what they wanted but it was changed before i was asked. i'm guessing what he did was change it first and ask people afterwards. the commish is a friend of mine. the money isnt that much but its the principal of the matter.
jonkaman
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby bigmck » Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:12 am

If someone isn't in the playoffs and you ask them "What about increasing the number?", who will say NO. It is a dirty deal to change amount of playoff teams. I think I would take my money and leave.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgan » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:12 am

bigmck wrote:If someone isn't in the playoffs and you ask them "What about increasing the number?", who will say NO. It is a dirty deal to change amount of playoff teams. I think I would take my money and leave.

Yeah, if it isn't much money, I think I would just play it out and then not play in that league next year. If it were a lot of money, I would take him up on his offer to take your money back and run now.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Dreamteam » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:26 am

Sounds like BS. You can't change that rule in the middle of the season. Is the other team that clinched complaining too?
Dreamteam
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Commissioner's Corner