Collusion? Or sour grapes? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Collusion? Or sour grapes?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Collusion? Or sour grapes?

Postby filmboy » Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:26 am

I'm in a league with my family. Some owners are more serious players than others, which I guess is fairly common in non-money, casual leagues. One owner (let's call them owner A) was able to auto-draft a solid team and has done well all year without having to play the waiver wire. In fact they haven't made a single roster move, until last week.

My team is tied for the division with another team whose owner (owner B) called this owner and suggested they make a roster move since they, owner A, was playing me. Well, needless to say I lost the game by a few points. I'm now a game behind and most likely out of the playoffs. Is this fair? All the other teams in the league have had an advantage when they have played owner A, except me. By the way, both owners A and B will be in the playoffs.
filmboy
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Collusion? Or sour grapes?

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:15 pm

Sour grapes, no question. Sorry though :-/

On a positive note, welcome to the Cafe - glad to see a new face around here and hope you stick around ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bigmck » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:16 am

filmboy wrote: Is this fair? All the other teams in the league have had an advantage when they have played owner A, except me. By the way, both owners A and B will be in the playoffs.

Your logic escapes me. Sour Grapes here.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgan » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:09 am

This is why every league needs smack talk. This owner should have been berated for his/her non-involvement all year. So it's your own fault if you let this owner off the hook and then someone called them when they happened to be playing you. Sorry man.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Return to Commissioner's Corner