Is Tim Tebow an Awful Quarterback? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is Tim Tebow an Awful Quarterback?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Is Tim Tebow an Awful Quarterback?

Postby mattb47 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:02 pm

And it's not just the fact that their winning that endears him to his teammates. I think it's definitely something his teammates look at when they see every single media and fan out there giving Tebow so much of the credit and he turns around, take virtually none of the credit and passes it all on to his teammates. That is a pretty rare quality in the current state of sports and something that can only be helping how his teammates view him and how much they want to help him continue having success.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dgan » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:54 pm

mattb47 wrote:And it's not just the fact that their winning that endears him to his teammates. I think it's definitely something his teammates look at when they see every single media and fan out there giving Tebow so much of the credit and he turns around, take virtually none of the credit and passes it all on to his teammates. That is a pretty rare quality in the current state of sports and something that can only be helping how his teammates view him and how much they want to help him continue having success.

That's fine if you want to believe his media-speak. I don't think it is rare. It is the same thing the Packers players are doing, the Patriots players have always done, etc... People just take everything that TT says or does looking for an opportunity to say, "See? I told you!"

It is amazing. It is awesome. But awesome doesn't mean great - we are in awe with the improbability of it. And I think if TT took credit for being that kind of "awesome", he'd look like an itiot. He knows better than anyone that they are riding the largest wave of luck - ahem, divine intervention - seen in a long time.

If they start 2-6 next year, all his media-speak is going to sound very hollow. Bottom line is, with 3 games left, no one is going to change their mind. What you choose to believe about TT now is what you will still be believing next October. That's when minds will begin changing, one way or another. (Great...10 months of hearing Skip Bayless sound bites.) I'm on record as saying I believe Tebow needs to drastically improve as a passer to continue being a QB in this league - I think he CAN do that...but if I was a betting man, I would bet against it.

I predict next year is his first and last season as the opening day starter for an NFL team. B-)
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby joejlitz » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:05 pm

Big game for him today. I'm pretty excited to watch the 4th quarter.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Dec 19, 2011 2:17 pm

dgan wrote:I understand the amazement of his comeback ability. But if his crappy play in the first 3 quarters was causing them to be down by 20 points in the 4th quarter, he wouldn't even have the opportunity to do this. Would he be successful in Cleveland or Arizona or one of these other bad teams with defenses giving up tons of points and you're losing by double digits every week? No 4th quarter comeback chances there.

Just for kicks and giggles...

Points allowed since week 7 (when Tebow was inserted as the starter):
Denver: 203
Arizona: 184
Cleveland: 157

Good defense only gets noticed when you capitalize on it...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:59 pm

And Elway commits to Tebow for next year.

“ Tim Tebow's not going anywhere. I mean, he's going to be a Bronco and we're going to do everything we can and hopefully he's that guy. ” -- John Elway
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby moochman » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:20 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:And Elway commits to Tebow for next year.

“ Tim Tebow's not going anywhere. I mean, he's going to be a Bronco and we're going to do everything we can and hopefully he's that guy. ” -- John Elway

the last GM I can remember who seemed to use hope as part of his strategy was Matt Millen. Hope it works out better in Denver. Not sure if Tebow is the savior or not, but pretty sure he isn't going to cut it as an NFL QB. Sooner or later, and my money is on sooner, the punishment he will absorb will force him to start throwing more and throwing sooner. Should equal punts and INTs.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:26 pm

I've seen practically nothing of TT pi this year. Has he managed to pull off one of his jump-passes like he did back in the day?
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby joejlitz » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:57 am

DEN at BUF this week. It's still hard for me to doubt the magic, but after last week's loss I think the mystique is faded just a little for me.

I could see BUF pulling this one out at home.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby dgan » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:07 am

He didn't say in what capacity he would be a Bronco...as a backup QB? HBack? His performance this week is what I think will happen a majority of the time. He plays so poorly, it has been amazing that games have been close enough in the 4th quarter for him to make a comeback. You start getting blown out of games like this, and his stint will be short-lived. He's got to make a huge leap in the offseason...and it will be his third year, so he could do it. We'll see.

John Fox turned Delhomme from a probowler to the worst QB in the league - and he turned the most dominant running game in the NFL into a predictable, low-scoring, ultra-safe offense. Didn't understand why he got this job regardless of who the QB is. I doubt he's the answer to turn TT into a viable QB. All-in-all, I think this franchise is in the crapper for the next decade...so enjoy this little maybe-playoff run Bronco fans. ;-D

Merry Christmas all!
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:34 pm

dgan wrote:

He didn't say in what capacity he would be a Bronco...as a backup QB? HBack? His performance this week is what I think will happen a majority of the time. He plays so poorly, it has been amazing that games have been close enough in the 4th quarter for him to make a comeback. You start getting blown out of games like this, and his stint will be short-lived. He's got to make a huge leap in the offseason...and it will be his third year, so he could do it. We'll see.

John Fox turned Delhomme from a probowler to the worst QB in the league - and he turned the most dominant running game in the NFL into a predictable, low-scoring, ultra-safe offense. Didn't understand why he got this job regardless of who the QB is. I doubt he's the answer to turn TT into a viable QB. All-in-all, I think this franchise is in the crapper for the next decade...so enjoy this little maybe-playoff run Bronco fans. ;-D

Merry Christmas all!

That one mystified me too. Fox was a decent but not great coach at one time. Latterly the game seems to have passed him by - not sure why anyone would think he was the answer to their problems.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk