Okay seriously, how does this happen? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Okay seriously, how does this happen?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Okay seriously, how does this happen?

Postby DraftDodger » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:07 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:I'm not sure Hanie's that bad of a backup QB though. The big problem is that Cutler was so good for that team; the Bears offensive line is bad, and the WR/TE are bad (Knox/Hester/Bennett aren't impressive). Now with no Forte or Cutler, they have no offensive players left at all...

Yes, he's that bad, because your back-up QB must be able to run your system with your personnel. If your o-line is crap, you need a mobile QB. Of course if your o-line gets depleted by injury, that's a different story, although still a consideration I'd think when looking for a back-up (since it's often a problem with the o-line that leads to QB injuries).
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Okay seriously, how does this happen?

Postby lmcjaho » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:04 pm

Sorry guys - forgot I had posted this one so never checked back on the responses until now.

Yes, McNabb has not been good in Washington or Minnesota. Then again, who did he have to throw the ball to in either place? Harvin is not a #1WR, S. Moss is barely a #1WR, and neither team has a real threat at #2 either. Granted, CHI receiving corps is nothing to write home about either of course. But to say the QB play in Minnesota this year under McNabb was terrible is a bit misleading IMO - he had them in the lead in a number of games this year did he not? Is it his fault the defense couldn't hold on to the leads for him?

Either way, I've obviously been proven wrong about Yates so far, he's doing a great job there. But Hanie is terrible and I'd rather take a shot with McNabb than surrender to a lost season by sticking with him if I were the Bears.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk