Comments and opinions on this league's format? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Comments and opinions on this league's format?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Comments and opinions on this league's format?

Postby gravenewworld » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:08 pm

I'm in a league that

-Allows 2 keepers per year. Each year the keepers that you select 1.) can not come from the first two rounds and 2.) if kept will be drafted one round higher than the previous year.

-Allows pre-draft trading for draft picks.

-Has a randomized draft order.

My biggest beef with this league has been the fact that the league allows pre-draft pick trades of players that teams can not keep. Good teams from the previous year many times have more than 2 viable keepers. Bad teams from the previous year many times either have no solid keepers or have keepers that are worse than the players that good teams from the previous year can not keep. As a result, the teams that were good from last year have a very easy time almost every off season dumping players that they can't keep to the crappy teams from the previous year for upgrades in draft picks in order to get around the snake in the draft.

Also, should a keeper league like this even have a randomized draft? The LMs argument is that you can't keep players from the first two rounds. However, it is a keeper league that allows pre-draft trading for upgrades in draft picks.

I'm having a hell of a time trying to dig out of the basement in this league from 1 bad draft 2 years ago. Every year the same teams seem to dominate because they can get around the snake. Also, every year because of the randomized draft I have never gotten a pick above number 7 overall.

Should I just quit this league? Is it a stacked deck? I don't understand why teams should be allowed to trade players in the pre-draft that they can't even keep anyway. Also, i don't really agree with a completely randomized draft in this format. If we are going to randomized the draft, at least add weights in the random draft order based off of how teams finished from the previous year. What are your thoughts?
gravenewworld
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Comments and opinions on this league's format?

Postby bigmck » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:39 pm

I wouldn't ever play in a league with Draft Pick Trading, but that is just me. == If it is a Keeper League, it would seem to me that the Draft Order should be based on last years standings. That only seems fair. == I guess in the end, if you are not happy with the league, the best thing is to quit. Fantasy is supposed to be fun. There are too many leagues out there that are fun to be in one that isn't.
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner