Playoff Round 1 Line-up WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Playoff Round 1 Line-up WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Playoff Round 1 Line-up WHIR

Postby munstermann » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:53 am

Ok guys and gals, I think I have my line-up set. I'd appreciate your thoughts. My primary concerns are who I'm going to play at WR, and which Defense to play. Any other advice you have would be greatly appreciated though, especially if you have differing opinions on my other lineup choices.

I chose Helu over Bush because Bush doesnt seem to get many carries when the Raiders are playing catchup, and thats whats gonna happen versus New Orleans. Furthermore, Helu is incredibly involved in Washingtons passing attack which makes him incredibly valuable. I just hope Shanahan doesnt go cold turkey on me again and keep Helu out this week. I chose Seattle because they are a decent defense and the Rams are terrible.

But yea pretty torn about WR's, Jackson is up one week and down the next, same with all the other wr's.

10 team PPR league

Week 14 Starters:
QB: Matthew Stafford
RB: Arian Foster
RB: Lesean McCoy
RB/WR: Roy Helu
WR: Vincent Jackson
WR: Steve Smith (carolina)
TE: Brent Celek
DST: Seattle

Bench - QB - Ryan Fitzpatrick
Bench - QB - Matt Ryan
Bench - RB - Michael Bush
Bench - RB - Darren McFadden
Bench - WR - Brandon Marshall
Bench - WR - Pierre Garcon
Bench - TE - Heath Miller
Bench - DST - Titans
Bench - DST - Patriots

leave a link! thanks!
Last edited by munstermann on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
munstermann
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 96)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Playoff Round 1 Line-up WHIR

Postby leftovers » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:45 am

I agree with both decisions - Helu over Bush (bush may have a lower floor as you never know what shanahan will pull but helu's upside is much better and i agree with you he will need to be used in the passing game for the skins to have a shot at keeping up with the pats - especially at flex behind arian and mccoy, roll with helu) and rolling with seattle who has really looked strong recently and the rams should be good for a handful of turnovers. team looks very solid. good luck this week.
leftovers
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby pommona22 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:42 am

Definitely agree with having Helu over bush and Sea has been playing very well id say if you want some guaranteed points id roll with Brandon over Smith, imo he has become benchable and Brandon has been playing well..but lineup does look very stacked i think either way should be looking very good moving on forward. Helu will get at least a few receptions but i do think bush will have a good game also but yes catch up will hurt his value.
Hope this helps!
Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=510244
pommona22
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dweenmachine » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:53 pm

Thanks for your help with my question ;-D

Out of your 3 DEF's, I'd go with Seattle for sure. The Patriots defense is, well, the Patriots defense. They'll certainly bend but may not break. Look at the garbage scores they gave up to the Colts last week. The Titans are playing against Drew Brees and the Saints, need I say more?

As far as your WR/FLEX situation is concerned, I'd go with Marshall over Helu AND Smith.

The Redskins will probably be playing from behind and also try to take advantage of a weak NE secondary (Moss could have a big day). Marshall gets consistent targets and, along with the rest of MIA, has been playing well lately.

Smith started out the season on fire, but in the past few weeks he has since returned to last year's Smith. I wouldn't be surprised if he failed to score 10 fantasy points again this week (he had 5 catches for only 66 yards the last time they played ATL).

So, this would leave you with choosing between Smith and Helu... Out of those two, I'd probably go with Helu because of the reasons that you stated previously. He should be even more involved in the passing game now that Fred Jackson is suspended.

Hope this helps!
-Thanks to madaslives911 for the wicked awesome sig!
dweenmachine
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerLucky Ladders ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby smac1009 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:28 pm

Thanks for your help. I would definitely roll with Seattle's D/ST here, you can't ask for a better matchup against a lackluster Rams offense that is without Bradford. Roll with Helu, and I would play BMarsh over Steve Smith in this case. Smith has somewhat fizzled out, and BMarsh gets a consistent number of targets. Good luck this week.
smac1009
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby InstinctiveBeast » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:56 pm

It looks good to me!

Good Luck!!!

Think you could help with mine?
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=510338
InstinctiveBeast
Water Boy